PDA

View Full Version : Excel

Paramac
12th Jan 2003, 13:53
I know my way around excel fairly well but need to find a text that will explain how to produce a manual load sheet. I would like to be able to copy our load sheet including the graph..any ideas
Thanks

EGLD
19th Jan 2003, 19:18
What sort of things does the sheet do Paramac? (I've never heard of one !! :( )

I might be able to help if it does general calculations etc

Not an Excel whiz but I do have to support it

UK-Kiwi
19th Jan 2003, 20:03
You can get plenty of software that will convert your paper forms to electronic.

A while ago I tried out a Form conversion software package for my father, he had a heap of Construction documentation he wanted to put into his laptop and use. ie not just scan it in to print like a photocopy, but convert into excel and be able to enter data in. Can't remember what I tried, it was ok I think.

Search for things like paper form convert etc on google.

However, if it's one doc, I bet it's easier and less painful to create it from the beginning yourself.
If you understand the form you are creating, ie this figure comes from that figure, and that's made up of this z load less x and y blah blah blah, then create a sheet to do the same.
Just giving the load sheet to an excel wizz probably wont get you far without explaining in detail how it works etc.

Hope this helps
Cheers

P-air
21st Jan 2003, 00:40
Omnipage Pro is a good program that will scan the document, and recognise the text, and create an excel worksheet based on the page scanned.

It may not be a perfect replication, but it is a start, and you can go in and tidy things up.

BOAC
21st Jan 2003, 10:39
Paramac- IF you do 'know your way round Excel' it should be a doddle! A bit of formula writing and data table (suggest you use Sheet 2 for this) constructing, plus a manual loadsheet in your hand to see the format, and 'job done'. Mine will also produce ZF and T/O C of G indices but take it from me it is really hard to write a trim calculator!