PDA

View Full Version : Amazing where you find Rotorheads

Flying Lawyer
12th Jan 2003, 12:44
There I was sunning myself on the beach over the New Year when I thought I'd take a quick look at what was happening on PPRuNe. Sad I know, but I get bored lying around for too long.
'Just going to stretch my legs' I said to my other half, as I began stretching them in the direction of the hotel's internet room. She doesn't understand PPRuNe, so there was no point in having yet another discussion about it.
Clicked onto PPRuNe and, before I'd even logged in, I was welcomed back. The hotel had fulfilled its assurance of excellent service tailored to guests' every wish, but this was way beyond expectation. I looked more closely.

What did you think of St Lucia, tbc?

PS
I logged out for you!! :)

Notso Fantastic
12th Jan 2003, 14:29
Ahh! But in the meantime, what did you say on his behalf? Bit of abuse to the Guvnor, bit of cheek to Draper, YaBoo sucks to 411......the possibilities are endless!

Flying Lawyer
12th Jan 2003, 21:59
I have to admit, that evil thought did occur to me but I resisted the temptation.
But, had it been the username of one or two other people I can think of, I might not have been able to resist. :D

tbc
13th Jan 2003, 09:01
Dear Flying Lawyer,

I left the Rendezvous on the 28th Dec 02 (on route to Barbados no less!!) so like yourself did a quick check of PPRUNE (my companies web site was my reason mainly). Anyway, I thought I had logged out but this modern technology defeats me sometimes.

Anyway - loved the hotel and the staff and even took a flight over the island with St Lucia Helicopters - sad or what!!

Am I going to get a bill for your services now !!

Happy New Year and safe flying

"If you can't fly safe - don't fly at all".

:cool:

What Limits
13th Jan 2003, 14:58
Hey tbc, I guess they pay you too much and its safe from the latest pay deal as well?

Flying Lawyer
13th Jan 2003, 17:43
tbc

Bill for my services?
I wouldn't dream of it, my pleasure.
I'm sure we can come to some modest arrangement to keep me quiet about the other websites you visited. ;)

We overlapped for a few days - we arrived on the 26th. I agree about the hotel and the staff. We took a chance on what was available 10 days before going and had one of their beach bungalows. What a view to wake up to in the mornings!

Helicopter flight over the island?
Yes, very sad. Good though, wasn't it! :)
I even tried to rent a heli or f/w, but there aren't any flight schools or SFH operators. Apart from that, a perfect tropical island.

The return flight was overbooked and they needed volunteers to be bumped off. Being the generous chap I am, I volunteered. Or, to be more precise, hearing in advance that it was going to happen and knowing the right person to approach when we arived at the airport.
Two more days all-inclusive in St Lucia at Virgin's expense plus two free return tickets anywhere on their routes as compensation was just about bearable.

FL