PDA

View Full Version : yanks at CX Part 2

pontius's pa
11th Jan 2003, 15:20
Blue Eagle closed this thread pretty smartish, not quite sure why.

Falcon 10? Can't answer your question but probably quite a few if CX still has a LAX base.

If you want to have a go at the Yanks, however, direct your remarks to their somewhat OTT and unrealistic airport security personnel rather than the flight crew. Just cos they do it more relaxed don't mean they do it worse,

If you buy a ticket on CX you can read your their history for free in the in-flight mag.

I gave my reasons for closing the thread in my post, they were, I would have thought, clear enough?

Cheers, BE.

jtr
12th Jan 2003, 01:55
A large no. of those on the LAX and SFO bases are Canadian.

They pay scale for an US Pax base is higher than a Canadian Pax base.

falcon10
12th Jan 2003, 01:57
You guys have it all wrong. I hold CX crews in the highest regard, more so than many of my US counterparts! I am an American who spent 20 years in HK and have no problem with CX and even considered staying in HK and working for them a long time ago. However, I have many guys in the US (who tend to be regional and CFI types) inquire about CX. This is why I asked the question of how many were still there.

While I dont keep myself updated on the working conditions and recruitment ban at CX, the ones who apply there seem not to care.

Any yes, I am familiar with the history of CX. However, having an LAX base does not mean it would be staffed with US citizens. If one has the right to live in the US, then they could be based here.

Cheers,

Traffic
13th Jan 2003, 06:37
In fact one of the founders Roy Farrell was an American.

The bulk of the drivers in the late 50's and then 60's were Aussies augmented by Brits/Irish and then some Americans from Bahamas Airways. Jim Lovegrove, Roger Stuart and the late Charlie McGowan were very pleasant addions to the gene pool and all served out their time in CX.

CX has never been a restrictive gene pool.

druglord
13th Jan 2003, 11:44
Falcon 10...by the regional and CFI... comment did you mean that they shouldn't be applying because of their minimal experience or they shouldn't be applying at all because of the ban?
I thought most of the S/O's were from regionals.

questions
14th Jan 2003, 00:01
From what I have seen in the last few years, some new hire SO's from regionals, but not US regionals.

404 Titan
14th Jan 2003, 03:13
Sorry guys but I know two US guys that joined in 2000, one that flew for the regionals on ATR 72’s I think, and the other that flew B737's around the Pacific West.

On the topic of bases, most of the guys that are based in SFO and LAX are Canadians not Americans that don't have right of abode in the US. They commute from Vancouver and other cities in Canada.