PDA

View Full Version : AFX and rubber cheques?

abra
11th Jan 2003, 13:33
Heard a rumour that PB is handing out rubber pay cheques..which knowing the chap I find very hard to believe..it must be a bankers error surely.

justforfun
12th Jan 2003, 02:13
Jeez... surely someone can start posting positive comments about AFX... the problems they've had are well documented already on this forum - what about the upside, like the fact the AOC was reinstated and the A/C is flying regularly again!!

:mad:

VIKING9
12th Jan 2003, 08:44
All quiet on the recruitment side though !! Anything happening justforfun - you seem to have the know !!

CargoOne
13th Jan 2003, 23:29
positive news are always welcome, however AFX haven't paid their debts to suppliers...

cargosales
14th Jan 2003, 07:41
CargoOne

Any proof of this or just more rumours?

CS

CR2
14th Jan 2003, 07:43
Folks I think any allegations should be backed up with facts. Otherwise just leave it.

CargoOne
15th Jan 2003, 11:09
cargosales,
It is fact - they owe us (our company) some money - nothing has been paid and even no signs that they are going to pay. And I've spoken to other people in industry - they confirmed debts are not paid as far as it concerns their companies. The debts we are talking about are between $20k to 6-digit amounts per supplier.
For obvious reasons I cannot disclose names and sums.

PS: CR2, I hope you don't expect me to scan invoices, correspondence and docs ref to court and AFX administration team and make them available here just to proof what I'm saying?

yotter
15th Jan 2003, 13:38
When a company is 'in administration' doesn't it get protection from its creditors to allow it to carry on in business in the hope that debts will be eventually paid off. So this implies to me that whilst AFX certainly does owe people money, perhaps for a considerable time, there is a chance of repayment. Isn't this what they call 'Chapter 11' in the States? When a company goes bankrupt, the assets are liquidated and the creditors line up behind the big guys ( VAT, bank, inland revenue, staff - not necessarily in that order) to see if they get anything.
Any asset strippers out there care to comment?
Cheers, Y

Fr8t M8te
29th Jan 2003, 09:52
Seems like the top flt/ops chair will be empty shortly

justforfun
29th Jan 2003, 12:13
Really?.... any more info'd be handy.... :cool:

Grimweasel
1st Feb 2003, 20:10
Yotter - some fact at last, I'm no legal eagle but I believe you are right. I suggest all you creditors out there (including ex-employees) wish AFX the best if you want to see any return.

I think they've done fabulously considering the times they've been through. British bulldog spirit and all that, don't you think that kind of determination warrants some rewards - stop slateing and start backing.

Keep up the good work AFX!!

JB007
2nd Feb 2003, 12:26
Top Flight Ops chair is NOW empty!!!!

justforfun
2nd Feb 2003, 15:40
Yeh, but only for the weekend....;)

acmi48
3rd Feb 2003, 09:54
subject top(?) flight ops chair-fod
if i am to believe my ears and CR2 is listening.rommel told me
has the post ..details some what sketchy tho.. still he does know his stuff for a young man..all will be revealed later i guess

CR2
4th Feb 2003, 05:22
CR2 can't believe his ears....good luck if this is true.

CR2
13th Feb 2003, 06:31
Any truth to the rumour that the aircraft is sitting in Man with cracked pylon(s)?

justforfun
13th Feb 2003, 19:31
CR2: No.... G-INTL in Far East and fairly busy.... think maybe you're talking about G-GAFX in Manston? Believe it may have pylon trouble, but the a/c was returned by AFX some time ago...

:p

JFF

VIKING9
13th Feb 2003, 20:26
justforfun when will the website be up and running again? I guess things are settling down nicely now.......

justforfun
13th Feb 2003, 22:18
Website?.... dunno to be honest!... :rolleyes:

TRUE FAITH
16th Feb 2003, 11:16
As an ex-employee i wish AFX all the best.
Anyone know when we get our back pay ?
Good luck anyway guys !