View Full Version : Is CAA in Iceland ripping me off?? Help needed!!

Ice100
6th May 2001, 05:15
Did you pay for your first resit in the jar-atpl exams???

I did. Am I being ripped off??

Here is an extract from the rules:

Fees under the new system
Currently, any candidate achieving a partial pass result at their first sitting will not be required to submit a fee for the first re-sit. Any candidate achieving an overall fail result at their first sitting will not be required to submit a fee for the next full initial booking. In both cases any further re-sits required will need the accompanying fee. Any candidate electing to split the exams and having sat the first split group who decides to transfer the second set of split exams to a later date will not be required to pay an examination transfer fee.

With the implementation of the next issue of the FCL Scheme of Charges, effective 1 April 2001, the option of a free re-sit will no longer be available. The charging rules for examination bookings will be that a full initial entry fee is payable for the first initial booking. After this, all other attempts will incur an individual exam paper fee as detailed in the Scheme. The booking transfer will also apply for all transfer requests after 1 April 2001.

Help neded. Is it posible to get something good from the holy CAA.

You Aint Seen Me. Roit!
6th May 2001, 23:20
The Campaign Against Aviation (CAA) rips everyone off, surely you must know that!

Flypuppy
7th May 2001, 00:19
It is a standard cost in all the JAA countries since the Partial Pass rules were changed, I am led to believe.

siggi-Iceland
7th May 2001, 15:34
Saell sjalfur

Vid erum herna tveir felagar ad fljuga i africu og langadi ad heyra hvernig JAR profin gengu hja ykkur sem voru ad taka thau nuna um daginn. Thetta kerfi er alveg ad ganga fra ollu sem heitir flug, svo ekki se minnst a kostnadinn. PFT-id okkar kostadi naestum 100 thusund a kjaft. Vid oskum ykkur gods gengis i aframhaldandi profum.

PS Hergill bidur ad heilsa.

A Very Civil Pilot
7th May 2001, 23:40
?

You Aint Seen Me. Roit!
8th May 2001, 00:52
Siggi

Thats what I said did'le I!