PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Thanks.

bochen2k
11th Jan 2003, 00:56
I play MS Flight Simulator 2002, but there is ALWAYS ONE huge problem, I have tried to tell as MANY other people but know wrote back, (maybe becuase it really is a stupid question?!?) I hate to admit, but I have Never been able to do a complete flight in either Flight Sim 95,98,2000,2002. The problem is I use autopilot to fly the 737, or 747 most of the way, who doesn't? right?, anyways when it reaches the destination airport it is not aligned with the runway ! Very frustrating indeed, becuase microsoft doesn't ever tell us novice wannabes how to land a jumbo jet! Even more annoying, the autopilot passes right over the destination airport without even slowing down or descending! So, basically I want to know HOW to land a flight correctly, either by AP or manual but I don;t know how, can you help please?

PS If I am to use AP all the way, why doesn't it work in Flight Simulator or is it NOT supported?!?, If I am to turn AP off at some point and hand fly it, how far away from runway and what do I use, VOR, GPS?? When I do a route from airport to airport FLight SIm never makes the route so that when I approach it is automatically centerlined, instead it is a directly route, which means it intercepts the runway at a angle, not a very good way to land a plane!!! Thanks! my email is : [email protected]

timmcat
11th Jan 2003, 16:07
Try downloading and installing FSnavigator, it will virtually land the thing! Home page Here (http://www.fsnavigator.com) .

Tim

BRL
11th Jan 2003, 21:39
Could you be a bit more specific in your thread title please. ;) :p

tony draper
11th Jan 2003, 21:57
Do what I do fly, to the destination then eject. ;)