View Full Version : IFT

captainmacuk
21st Aug 2001, 14:58
Hi there,

Anyone know of International Flight Training in the states, Its just Ive seen the big glossy advert in the pilot mag and was wondering what they were like,

Aircraft, instructors, accomadation, etc

Also they advertise a JAA instructors course, is this wise to do it in the states when it will be a job in the UK your looking for,whats the chances of getting a job?

If anyone can answer any single point it would be appreciated,

Cheers

Ontheairwaves
24th Aug 2001, 22:23
Hey there
yes IFT are based now in Stuart Fl. just 30mins North or West Palm Beach....they were in Melbourne.
They are a JAA FTO approved school and have CAA flight examiners on the field. The examiners they use are retired so are only eligable to do flight reviews and not initial
check outs. You should check out the JAA website and there is a list of i think 6 schools in the US that are JAA FTO's
As with any school i wouldn't give them all your money up front but have heard of quite a few guys that have gone through the system without any hassle.
My advice is check it out but consult your local CAA office before committing

Scottie
26th Aug 2001, 01:31
As "Ontheairwaves" states under no circumstances gives them (any FTO) any money up front.

Pay for it by the hour. If they don't like it (what does it say about them?) go somewhere else.

Not allowed to make unsubstantiated claims on this forum but the above advice is most useful when dealing with any FTO ! ;) ;) :mad: :mad:

Did about 60 hours there a couple of years ago :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:

TRANQUILLO
29th Aug 2001, 21:56
Are you talking about IFTA in Melbourne ,FL?
Have they moved?

check your email.... :cool: