View Full Version : "Ne-Nar" Here we dam well go again!

Grimweasel
10th Jan 2003, 13:11
Well as if we don't have enough on our plate, out comes the Lefty Militant Idiot Ghilchrist again after his Xmas rest.
New fire strikes ahoy!
Strange how they canx the strikes prior to Xmas.... no money for the prezzies and Turkey. Straight after Xmas and they are back on their money grabbing antics again!

Happy New Year boys, get ready with the hoses again....I'm off to egg the local Fire Station!!

Training Risky
10th Jan 2003, 14:19
Why oh why isn't the allocation of manpower being planned by a sane person?
Why are people based in the south of England being sent to cover the strike in the north of Scotland (this is true!)

I mean, it doesn't cost the individual anything...the cost of expensive air travel is met by the public purse. But this is just as bad. This is money that could be used for something else!

And instead of the armed forces being overstretched, why not get all able-bodied unemployed people to fill in for the fire service instead? If they do a good job, keep them and sack the firemen!

Any takers?

Tigs2
10th Jan 2003, 17:28
Now we see the real loyalty displayed by the firemen. Our boys and girls are deploying as we speak(type!) and if the conflict does go ahead, god forbid many may well come back in bags, and these B******s are about to down tools again. I wonder if we all go on strike if they would be willing to go and hose down Saddam (so to speak! unfortunate expression, but you know what I mean)

Busta
13th Jan 2003, 23:51
Declare a national emergency, use the mother of all parliaments to conscript all the firepersons, post them to firestations on £5 a day ( all found ) and see how we go, subject to QR's.

nothing matters very much, most things don't matter at all.

roundel
14th Jan 2003, 00:24
Grimweasel,

I can't believe that the FBU would be so cynical as to return to work just to be able to afford Xmas.

Oh all right then,they are a bunch of Leftie t*****s. Agreed.

My wife's (Navy) brother has done five and a half out of the last eight years deployed and you dont hear him whingeing about being on 24k with a family to support.

Perhaps that just goes to show that the difference between being a professional and being a Fu*kw*t sorry my mistake Fireman is that HMF don't throw their teddies out of the cot when they have to do something unsavoury. Lets face it, they knew what they were doing when they joined so why does the FBU show such amazement that the public have no sympathy for the w*****s.

Rattus
14th Jan 2003, 00:39
If I were a fireman, I think I would be wondering what my elected FBU representatives have been doing in the 25 years since the last strike, if they have allowed their members' pay to fall so far behind the cost of living that they have to demand 40% at one hit.

Oops sorry, fireperson. I really haven't got the hang of this PC thing.

Cartman, E
15th Jan 2003, 13:32
Rattus - exactly and just out of interest, every fireman pays 4 pounds per week to be a member of the union (from a horse's mouth!). With about 56000 firemen that equates to an intake of nearly 11M per year to the union. Sure, there are injury payments to come out of that but I'm sure an audit of the FBU would be interesting.

Mr Ghildevil - pick yourself a wage, any wage. :mad:

BoeingMEL
22nd Jan 2003, 10:57
Would be interesting to learn how these south of englanders are flown to north of scotland! Civvy charter, schedule or HM gas-guzzlers?

A and C
22nd Jan 2003, 17:55
The reason that these guys are on strike is that the goverment has used the fire services reluctance to go on strike as moral blackmail to keep there pay down and they have all reached the point at which they feel this is the only option open to them , despite what you may read in the press no one takes strike action except as a last resort.

Goverments over the years have used this tactic to keep the pay of groups such as the nuses down as it is the only tactic that they have short of making them all part of the armed forces so they cant go on strike.

This is not a political rant just a statment of fact.

Unscrupulous
22nd Jan 2003, 22:37
I feel for the fireman - it's not their fault - I mean, if I didn't have any brains you could probably order ME into a burning building!!!
:eek:

knowitall
22nd Jan 2003, 22:47
There was a mildly amusing (no-one hurt) incident covered on B.B.C london News last night (it took place right infront of a Camera crew).

Some striking firefighters were setting up outside their station and in order to encourage the already lit brazier to burn a bit more one of said firemen decided to pour some petrol on it.

As he was carrying the petrol can back into the station through one of the two front doors it caught fire!

Que floor to ceiling flames which were quickly doused (what with their being a fire engine parked all of a foot away).

For some reason they suddenly became reluctant to talk to the media?

Apparently as part of the Bain review the government want FF's to spend one day a week advising on fire prevention!

30K Y 'cus their worth it hmmmm......!

Tigs2
23rd Jan 2003, 19:03
A and C
I really think the post by Rattus is spot on. Despite your facts, just what has the union been doing for the last 25 years to let it get to this stage. If you look at the whole issue of modernisation, then they have spent all these years proactively doing nothing.