PDA

View Full Version : B1900d Type rating

4144r
10th Jan 2003, 08:09
Hi,
Does anyone know where i can pass a check ride for a B190 type rating. (Not flightsafety !)
I have already this type rating on my local licence (and hours on type) , but Iwould like to add also on my Faa ATP.
Thanks for your help.
Happy new year and soft landing.:cool:

mjbow2
18th Jan 2003, 03:53
Try AIMS College at Greeley Colorado. They have a level C sim and a 142 certificate

Skaz
27th Jan 2003, 19:04
why not flightsafety? something we ought to know re them?

JoeCo
28th Jan 2003, 07:57
Why not Flight Safety? I figure it's probably because of that stupid rule concerning >12,500lbs initial training.

OnnoBulk
2nd Feb 2003, 01:32
This ridiculous 12,500 rule goes for every training provider. It is our friend the US justice dept. that considers every foreigner a potential terrorist. Haven't similar actions happened before in other countries?... To protect freedom the government restricts the freedom of the people, quite an oxymoron.

saviboy
2nd Feb 2003, 14:43
the new background check of the departement of immigration should be starting on 03/10/2003, according to training center manager in miami.he insisted on the should part , though.

OnnoBulk
2nd Feb 2003, 15:54
Saviboy,

I assume you mean March 10th, not October 3rd. And what training facility in Miami was that - Aero Services, Pan Am Flight Academy, Airbus Training Center or Flight Safety?

TIA,

Onno Bulk

JoeCo
2nd Feb 2003, 16:27
What exactly is suppose to happen??? What's suppose to start/finish/change, .........hell, what are you talking about? :O

I'm just wondering because it sure would be nice to see that >12500 rule change. That could be the jump start that the industry needs.

OnnoBulk
4th Feb 2003, 14:14
JoeCo,

Your posting doesn't make any sense to me. What do you mean?

Onno Bulk

JoeCo
4th Feb 2003, 14:26
Saviboy had posted the following

the new background check of the departement of immigration should be starting on 03/10/2003, according to training center manager in miami.he insisted on the should part , though.

Can anyone elaborate on this subject. What "new" background check? Is it related to the 12,5 rule? If it has anything to do with eliminating the 12,5 rule, than I'm all for it!!

I hope that makes it a bit clearer.

OnnoBulk
4th Feb 2003, 15:24
What he most likely means by that is that they (the DOJ) will have a screening program set up for foreigners (resident aliens). However, they where supposed to have that program in place about a year ago. When they didn't, they said they would have it in place a couple of month later.......! Obviously they are dragging their feet and I do not expect that they will honour their promise (Marh 10th) this time around. The only way to go around this is to become a US citizen.

Regards,

Onno

OnnoBulk
4th Feb 2003, 21:43
It is a burden for people in the real world that bureaucrats make the rules. On the other hand, luckily the USA is being ruled by ignorant bureaucrats !!

If you find yourself a guy that owns for example a Cessna Citation requiring 2 pilots. Ask him if you can do 3 T/O's and Lndgs as a co-pilot under FAR 91. After you make your 3rd landing, you have suddenly become current and qualified on aircraft >12,500. Now you can go to a training provider and get a type rating on for example a B747-400. Makes sense huhh!! Boy, am I glad that they restricted my carreer opportunities in order to really hurt these Al Queda types ::rolleyes:

Onno

JoeCo
5th Feb 2003, 07:19
Onno,

WELL SAID OL' CHAP!!

As usual, the people that are really paying for someone elses stupidity are the legitimate decent folks. OK, fine, The US wants to keep foreigners out, fine, who am I to say who should be allowed into their country, but honestly, are the training centers doing ANYTHING to solve this problem?? I mean, really, centers like Flight Safety MUST depend on foreign pilots coming for training. How are they serviving? Do they have a choice? Are they putting up a fight? Or do they even care??

In the end, with all the increased security, is stoppping people from being trained on aircraft above 12,500 lbs. really the solution. Is that really where the problem lies? If the security measures are sufficient at the borders to stop the S.O.B.'s there, than does it really matter where they were planning on going??

OR, here's another idea, why not work together with the training centers (that is if they are not doing so already) to determine who CAN and who CANNOT enter the country for flight training. For example, if someone with a Private ticket signs up for a Left Seat 767 course, that should set off alarms and some form of investigation should be carried out, but a person that has been to FS a number of times and has shown some form of typical progression through the industry SHOULD be allowed to enter for further training.

What do you folks think?

rick1128
12th Feb 2003, 00:08
'Crats always close the barn door after the horse got out. Notice that they didn't require background checks for students at 'Truck Masters' or 'American Truck Driving School' after OKC bombing.

BlueCross
19th Feb 2003, 04:19
Well as of today the DOJ has released a new ruling making it possible for foreign pilots to get their initial type rating in the US on an aircraft over 12,500 pounds. This news can be found at http://www.aviationnow.com/avnow/news/channel_aviationdaily_story.jsp?id=news/doj02143.xml
That certainly makes things much easier! The rule will take effect on March 17th.

OnnoBulk
20th Feb 2003, 03:59
It still sucks. Why would an airline hire a foreigner if, after it having spend all the money for training, the new-hire could turn out to be a bad investment (after the background check is completed)? :*

Onno

JoeCo
25th Mar 2003, 08:28
Hello Again,

Any details or updates on how this new system is working out?

Skaz
29th Mar 2003, 06:30
right...so let me get this straight, we dont need to bother with the security check crap anymore or what?

'suppse hte best would be to contact the schools themselves, they should know, 'cause its their livelyhood

JoeCo, the emails you sent doesnt download.
There some c208 jobs on climbto350, mate:}