PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Bags

Zorg
10th Jan 2003, 04:17
Greetings All

I have been working as a baggage handler for around 3 months now and really enjoy the job. I was wondering if anybody out there has information on who employs all the baggage handlers around Australia at all the major airpots. I understand Qantas would for their flights however who is in charge of all the international carriers. Any insight would be great.

Capt Vegemite
10th Jan 2003, 05:20
Have you learned the art of ripping off a suitcase handle and scattering the contents over the tarmac like the AN gorillas could?

Zorg
10th Jan 2003, 14:49
Have not ripped off any handles yet however got to learn on the first day that a bag would be better off without the FRAGILE tag
:D
There is a lot more to the job than I first thought and it is good to be on the ground headset and listening to the Captain and the F/O talking about things most furthur from flying as you can get.
SO THEY ARE HUMAN !!

Keg
10th Jan 2003, 20:55
Zorg, whilst I can't speak definitively, I'll think you'll find that QF have the contract for the majority of international carriers in and out of Australia. I'm led to believe that it is actually a good little earner for the company too. Admittedly QF have to pay the same sort of costs o/s (and probably in USD, pounds and euros to boot) but we probably have more foreign carriers inbound than QF get to do them outbound.