View Full Version : Any info on Air Atlantique people?

left outer, right inner
5th May 2001, 16:31
Hello there guys and gals.

A firend of mine has mentioned that AA do a sponsorship scheme of some description based at coventry airport. Could anyone out the fill me in on any available details about the scheme please. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Thanx a lot for your help :)

LORI

Speedbird 2946
5th May 2001, 17:45
Hi LORI,

Sorry to read about BA, but look to the future huh, not the past!

YES Atlantic Flight Training (the 'training arm' of Atlantic Airlines) does a thing called PARTS (Part Sponsorship Scheme).

The jist of it is that you need PPL and 100 hours to apply plus Class 1. If you get chosen you pay for half of your ATPL and AFT will get a 'regional' airline to pay the other half and give you a job at the end (ie Buzz and the like). If they can't find an airline for you, then you get the 2nd half of your ATPL free! DEAD SET!

It sounds great but unfortunately I have no direct experience of it. Thing to do is log on to www.atlanticairlines.co.uk (http://www.atlanticairlines.co.uk) and send off the request form for more info!

GOOD LUCK!

SB :)

ROTATION
6th May 2001, 00:00
It's PASTS (PArt-Sponsored Training Scheme) and you'll get you're frozen ATPL for 19k and a job within a year of qualifying or your money back.
You need a PPL and class 1 to apply. Didn't need 100 hours when I applied but it may have all changed since last year.
Do a search on me or AFT to find out about the application process.

STurns
6th May 2001, 13:19
Make sure you are 30 or less. They wouldn't take me due to me being 31 and over the hill.
Regards,

STurns

left outer, right inner
6th May 2001, 14:41
Thanks so much for that info guys, it really is appreciated!!!!

All the best :)

LORI

bottle2throttle
6th May 2001, 21:57
They also offer a full sponsorship, turned me down the bastards, but if you would like info on the selection just mail me and I would be glad to help.

------------------
Jesus, this bogy's all over me...........

Ascot
7th May 2001, 23:50
If you don't mind washing planes, the bosses car, cleaning the building, brushing the bogs - yeah it's great!

Just don't expect the gold bars and an easy study!

Token Bird
8th May 2001, 13:17
LORI,

Air Atlantique offer a fully-sponsored scheme for those with 100 hours. However, their maximum age is 26, which I believe you have exceeded.

Altantic Flight Training (the training wing of Air Atlantique) offer the PASTS scheme, which is a 50:50 scheme for those with a PPL (which you haven't got). I believe the selection procedures are the same for both, hence I wouldn't be surprised if the age limit is the same which puts you out of luck, I'm afraid. I may be wrong though. Phone the following number - 02476 882618, and ask them. AFT apparently promise to get you a job within a year of completing the PASTS scheme, but only the fully-sponsored scheme will get you a job with Air Atlantique,

TB