PDA

View Full Version : Drug Running

DuncanF
8th Jan 2003, 11:42
Well, not quite!

A UK pharmacy local to my office has filled a prescription for a colleague in Bahrain and he's asked me to carry it over for him when I visit our Bahrain offices shortly.

I presume that the reason he has the order filled in the UK is that the prescription (which I have) is from a UK doctor. Cost may come into it too ... there's £1100 quid of drugs in a box half the size of a laptop!

Apparently other colleagues have made this "run" for him before without issue. Does this just count as a normal taxable import to Bahrain or am I on dodgy ground?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,

Duncan

Postscript: This may or may not be relevent.

My colleague has Parkinsons Disease and the drugs in question, Pramipexole (Mirapex), are used in the treatment of this disease.

Duncan

Departures Beckham
9th Jan 2003, 16:47
Sounds as if it could be VERY dodgy to me.

I suggest you contact their embassy in London (details here (http://www.ambassade.dk/bahralone.php3)) and get something in writing if they say it is okay.

It may also be worth checking with HM Customs & Excise incase you need to return with it (e-mail: [email protected]) - and again get something in writing and keep the prescription receipt with you.

GordonBurford
12th Jan 2003, 16:43
A word of caution.

Just because it's not a controlled drug in the Uk, doesn't mean to say it's not controlled in other counties...