PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

fad_k
6th Dec 2001, 15:01
Can anyone tell me which aircraft either a C152 or PA28 is best for starting to fly in, pros and cons of any of them, if it helps then the flying is to be conducted in Long Beach in California.

bow5
6th Dec 2001, 15:12
If I were you i'd learn in a PA28. But I did so there you go.

I've got a thing about high winged lawn mowers. Pa28's are proper planes. ;)

JT8
6th Dec 2001, 15:48
My opinion would be to learn in the C150/C152 or PA38 then move onto the PA28 when you have your PPL. This tends to work out cheaper. If you can afford it, do the lot in the PA28.

Enjoy the flying!
JT8

7th Dec 2001, 17:20
it all depends on how mucgh money you wish to throw at learning to fly.

if you are lucky enough to have enough expendable income not to have to gofor the chaeper option the PA28 is more comfortable and more fun. but then again over your course it will cost you an extra £750-1500.

happy flying :) :D :)

Autofly
7th Dec 2001, 17:28
Go for a school you like and that the planes are well maintained. The idea is you enjoy it any if the aircraft are falling apart then it won't be as good. In the first instance when you start you won't care what type (regarding handling etc) - you won't be experienced enough to tell the difference. You can always get rated on the other once you've got your PPL. I'd go for the cheaper option, that way what ever you fly you can fly more often ;)

Good luck

Auto

Intersection
8th Dec 2001, 13:18
I beleive that it would be best to stick to the 152 because,
1)It is cheaper
2)It is an easier less sluggesh a/c to fly.
3)You can convert anyway when you have your PPL
4)For the new pilot the 152 is ideal as the PA28 I find is much more hands on as it has mechanical flaps!
5)You will save much more money flying the 152!

Benefits of the PA28,

1)You can take your mates in the back and impress them/scare them.
2)It has a higher cruising speed than the 152.
3)There is much more leg room in a PA28 than a 152 i'm short but for tall people this would be a benefit.
4)The PA28 looks nicer, but that is never an issue when you are training

There you go i've rounded up a few benefits of both a/c!

Happy Flying!

Int.
;) :cool:

theodor
9th Dec 2001, 03:33
Took mine on Pa-28, later tried 152. Fly the 28 as you get a better feeling for flaring a plane ( just my opinion ). And the 152 is VERY small, hopefully you are not a tall fellow or you will get claustrofobic.