PDA

View Full Version : AN management pilots direct entry to Jetconnect.

Z Force
8th Jan 2003, 05:01
RUMOUR has it that two 737 management pilots are going to enter Jetconnect as direct entry captains. Oh well, at least the stage lengths allow plenty of air to stay in the fuel tanks.

TIMMEEEE
8th Jan 2003, 09:38
And those poor unsuspecting sods thought they were free of the man that thought they were air tanks (not fuel tanks!).
God help them.

Who was the other?

Z Force
9th Jan 2003, 02:26
Don't worry! "I'll look into it!" Isn't that why he was called the Mirror Man?

Kaptin M
10th Jan 2003, 03:49
Probably worried about failing the upgrade! :)

A little bird tells me that they aren`t the only ones who`ll join as DEC`s.

SOPS
11th Jan 2003, 22:51
Kaptain M, sorry mate have to ask, who are Jetconect?:p

Rin tin tin
12th Jan 2003, 00:33
SOPS,
Jetconnect are the Qantas domestic operation in New Zealand, they have 5 737-300s and 2 more to come in the next couple of months. rapid expansion happening therefore the DEC requirement.

Dexter
12th Jan 2003, 22:40
When dose this compeny start it's operatons and whose the recruiterer ? How many pilots' do they need an do you haved to to live in new zaeland ? Hey one more four youse all . How about type rateing is their a bond ? :cool: :cool:
DEX (like in SEX :cool:

Wizofoz
12th Jan 2003, 23:25
Dex,

They are all ready operating.

Yes you have to live in N.Z

Not sure how many but 5 crewa per a/c is usually a good bench mark.

As to type rating, I don't think it's something they've had to think about as there are still plenty of experienced AN 737 pilots to cover their needs.

Rin tin tin
13th Jan 2003, 04:37
Dex,
they are looking to recruit another 25 pilots over the next 4 months, you can be interviewed without a type rating but if selected then you will have to go and get one.

Dexter
13th Jan 2003, 11:43
Ho ha sum good news at last . Thanxs fore that guys.
Were are the bases in New zaeland ?
Whose the recruiterer please ? An can they arrannge a tytpe rateing ? Did they manly choose only AN737 pilots wizof ?
Sory fore all off the qs' youse :cool:

DEX (like in SEX :cool: :cool: )

Maisk Rotum
17th Jan 2003, 08:00
Tis true me lads. Witness recently a very experienced training captain on type was asked. "Would you be prepared to take an F/O position"!!!!!!!!

liquid_gold
17th Jan 2003, 11:40
Dex,

Mate, do yourself a favour. If you haven't already have a look at pilotstaffcv.com. They provide little bit of info on what the requirements they need, bases etc. etc. And yes, most of the pilots are ex AN, however understand they are putting on locals now. Hope that helps.;)