PDA

View Full Version : Second Officer Recruitment

Rhumb Line
8th Jan 2003, 01:15
Hello All,
Was intrigued by something a CX S/O told me last night regarding his training. He told me he was a cadet and had been down to Parafield yet he joined the course towards the end due to the fact that he already held a JAA CPL/IR (therefore he was not a cadet in the true sense of the word) but they accepted him on the basis that he held a permanent ID card. He also told me that a few other people had found employment as an S/O through this route.
I was wondering if any of you guys could shed any light on this, and if you could who would be the appropriate person to write to.

Many thanks

ronnie123
8th Jan 2003, 03:49
Check the CX web site, they have the info also see the KA web site.

Rhumb Line
8th Jan 2003, 06:02
Thanks, but that just tells me what I already know. That is that there are 2 parameters and that is either Cadet or Direct Entry. After finding out that somebody tailed onto the back end of the Cx scheme as they already had full qualifications shows that some opp[ortunities must exist.
Also I have heard that KA do take on some low houred guys if they have an ICAO frozen ATPL and have the right to live and work in Hong Kong as this was mentioned at the BALPA confrence in London.