PDA

View Full Version : Qantas bombs out in LOSA audit??

Geddy
8th Jan 2003, 00:32
Is it true that QF got the title of 2nd worst airline in the world in the LOSA ( Line Operations Safety Audit ) audit done by the university of Texas?

Icarus2001
8th Jan 2003, 01:58
Lots to read...

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/group/HelmreichLAB/Aviation/aviation.html

ftrplt
8th Jan 2003, 04:02
Some issues identified and being actioned but '2nd worst airline in the world' is just a 'small' stretch.

Geddy
8th Jan 2003, 05:48
Small stretch? I believe ( from some who were there ) at the meetings that the flight crew have had to attend that is exactly what is being said.

Not to mention the S/O survey that was so bad is will never see the light of day.

ftrplt
8th Jan 2003, 08:56
Geddy,

Ive been there.

Keg
8th Jan 2003, 11:05
S/O survey???? What the?

Mud Skipper
8th Jan 2003, 19:28
Geddy,

Get off the grass.

The answer to your question is no.

Regardless, those who always love to knock QF, you seem to be in this catagory, will carry on with the whiff of a rumour.

I've been to the LOSA Briefings, no the CP did not rant and rave as suggest by some. A few deficiencies were identified and we already appear to be implementing fixes - fixes which actually seem to have some substance.

S/O survey - you seem to have talked to the tail not the head.

How did VB's LOSA go?

RPPT
8th Jan 2003, 21:32
Yes Geddy, exactly what S/O survey are you talking about?:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

*Lancer*
9th Jan 2003, 00:25
Survey? I didn't get a survey! :confused:

Geddy, I don't think you'll get anyone credible commenting on LOSA on a forum like this.

Keg
9th Jan 2003, 02:33
Thats how secret it was lads. Even the S/Os don't remember filling it out! Thats why it'll never see the light of day!! :D :p

Woomera
9th Jan 2003, 08:22
Keg

They don't perchance remember that little flash just before they forgot.:D

RPPT
10th Jan 2003, 03:51
Deathly silence from Geddy.

In future, you would do better to check your facts before spreading such tripe.

Speedbrake UP
11th Jan 2003, 00:21
Missed the S/o survey also. Geddy fill us in, I would love to hear about it.

Sonny Hammond
11th Jan 2003, 03:00
All of the pilots had the opportunity to fill out a survey. Not just S/O's, but it wouldn't surprise me if it told a story....

DutchRoll
15th Jan 2003, 00:12
All of them except me, obviously. I too missed the S/O survey (and in fact have never heard of it). Could you send me a copy of it so I can go to the fleet manager and ask why I was left off the mailing list?

flyswat
15th Jan 2003, 00:27
No wonder QF went so bad look how many S/O's have either not checked there mailbox for age's and now "never got one thats why they didn't fill it out" or just pegged it mistakenly.:D