View Full Version : Looking for Archie Ligatt

BLW Skylark 4
7th Jan 2003, 23:32
A friend of mine is writing a book on F4 Phantoms (greatest aeroplane ever!) and is trying to make contact with Archie Ligatt or Mark 'Bad Manners' Manwaring (last RAF F4 display crew).

If either of you are reading this or if anyone has contact details, please can you private message me.

Thanks in anticipation....

'BLW'

bowly
8th Jan 2003, 19:55
Manners is at coningsby, or was a couple of months ago. Archie has left I believe.

swinging monkey
8th Jan 2003, 20:00
Yep, Manners' is at Coningsby and Archie now flies Civair, I think for Monarch.

Absolutely right about the F-4, a true meaty bit of kit. Never had the chance to fly one, if only........:(

Regards
The Swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, a toast to the mighty Rhino'

NigelOnDraft
9th Jan 2003, 05:32
I have eMailed Archie the URL of this page...

Zoom
9th Jan 2003, 09:13
The F-4 was a terrific all-rounder; I wonder when the RAF will buy its successor.

There are plenty of good F-4 books in print so I would be interested to know what particular approach this new book will adopt. Perhaps Skylark can keep us advised.

luke77
9th Jan 2003, 12:32
Archie works for BA. I have emailed skylark.

BLW Skylark 4
9th Jan 2003, 18:15
Thanks to all for replying, I have passed the relevant details on to my friend.

To answer Zoom's question (and at the risk of revealing my true 'anorak' colours!), I would add that it is a Modellers reference on the F4, concentrating particularly on 1/32 F4's operated by UK, Greece & USAF amongst others!

Before everyone groans and thinks of Airfix kits, you should see the standard of my friend's models - easily professional exhibition standard of which any F4 jock would be proud.

I'll check my private messages tonight.

Is it just me or is the airshow circuit a duller place without Archie & Mark doing their bit.....???

'BLW'