PDA

View Full Version : Sloane / Warwickshire Air Ambulance

GameCube
7th Jan 2003, 19:36
Noticed a Sloane 109 on the news the other night teamed up with Warwickshire Ambulance Service. Apparantly they are doing transfers but don't yet have the funding for 999 work.

Nice to see another charity getting off the ground even if it isn't fully operational yet. Anybody know if they've had any luck securing a sponsor?

PANews
8th Jan 2003, 23:52
Yes ... sort of.

According to a story they supplied me for use at the end of January anyway.

They do not have a sponsor for the HEMS operation yet [and it is a true HEMS like London which is a change] but it seems they are going to use the same aircraft on a 24/7 operation running special inter-hospital EMS missions [presumably SPIFR] and that is part sponsored by having the equipment supplied by the sponsor.

I am still researching this.

Hope that helps a little.

Warwickshire is of course covered at the moment by County Air Ambulance [West Midlands] BO105 and Ec135.

Letsby Avenue
9th Jan 2003, 21:17
And of course the East Midlands Police Air Support Unit who provide night casevac and day casevac if required.:)

TeeS
10th Jan 2003, 10:53
Excuse my ignorance PAN but what is "true HEMS"?

PANews
10th Jan 2003, 16:47
Apologies, a bit of lose talk there ... I meant they are following the example of London HEMS in having a doctor on board.

This will be the first to follow suit on a full time basis although of course a few others carry doctors from time to time. That is always assuming that the predicted doctor turns up!