View Full Version : ATPL Syllabus

Airbus A320
20th Aug 2001, 18:33
Is it just me, or is anyone else, on an "Approved JAA ATPL Course" losing faith in the entire scheme.
I've just had my first set of exams (results sometime this week) and now I'm straight into Module 2 and I just can't seem to motivate myself.
Do you think it's better to plough straight into the second block, or have, say, a couple of weeks break between?

EGDR
20th Aug 2001, 19:45
Well shipmate, I'm in exactely the same boat. Waiting for my results this week and already had another four heafty folders have landed on my desk. I've started to read them but my motivation peaked 3 weeks ago.

I keep taking breaks, bimbling up the town for a coffee and watching all the idiots in the festival.

It's a necessary evil, the sooner they're done the sooner you get flying again.

Ennie
20th Aug 2001, 22:41
In my experience I feel a break is what you need before hitting the books again. Some people may disagree but it worked for me. I went and did some flying, 30 hours or so and got some more inspiration. I then went back and did the Navs (as they were in the CAA days) and didn't do to badly, well enough to keep flying and re sit the one that I had failed at the same time. If you find yourself not learning anything and getting easily distracted then it isn't worth studying..take a break! ;)