View Full Version : What's your goal?

wunala dreaming
4th May 2001, 23:41
Hi Folks!

All this talk is stressing me out. Here I am at zero hours and I'm already pulling my hair out!! The choices are huge, the implications of any decisions we make far reaching. So, because it's Friday, I'm going to throw it out there:

All Wannabes, in ten years where would you love to be at? Flying Sheds to and from the outer Hebrides? Battling a typhoon in Taiwan? Diving into Kai Tak in a Cathay 744? (I know it's closed, but what a sight!) Hauling stuff in a DC10F?

Just for a minute, have a think about it. Put the worries of JAR and JAA and Perf A and IMC and all the rest aside for a sec, and tell us all the dream.

Me, FO (Captain might be pushing it!) on a beat-up Atlas Air 747-123, standing on the tarmac at Anchorage at five in the morning, watching the sun rise over my knackered old jumbo, gracefully belying its 30-odd (more like 40 at tht stage, but who's counting...) years in the morning light as Mr Shell fills her up.

While more realistically I'll probably be standing there freezing with a cup of rank coffee in my thawing mitts, wondering if this dinosaur with bits falling off it will actually manage to get us into the air and out of this godforsaken kip, and onto the next one!

So there you have it men, I guess we all need something to aim for to get us through the rough times. I have yet to start, but I reckon I know where I'd like to end up.

We can start serious questions again tomorrow!

Cheers everyone,
WD.

Captain-Ireland
4th May 2001, 23:57
To line up for departure at Belfast Internationl in a bae 147 and push those four throtles forward. Speeding down the runway and soaring up through the clouds. Either that or finals at Belfast City in the same aircraft.

Happy flying

Yo!
5th May 2001, 00:16
Somewhere hot, Ausrtalia perhaps..... I'm on the runway, a cool breeze blowing over as I do a walk round my brand new shiney B777, then into the cockpit, do checks, get clearence and off to some stunning exotic beach with palm trees, coconuts, deep blue sea............

What a life

Speedbird 2946
5th May 2001, 01:50
In an ideal world.. I'd be in any seat of a 777 watching the absolutely stunning approach to Bridgetown, Barbados, flying around the island from the North before landing towards the turqoise blue Atlantic.

YanYan
5th May 2001, 02:19
Shanghai to Chonqing 737-300 FO for Air China. Fantastic country, people, life.
I have met many pilots in China (mostly non-Chinese ?)and they have all told me to fly in China. My Wife`s Chinese and I have spent my most happy times within its borders.

So my goal lies in China...

(Sorry George Bush and Ronchonner)

tunneler
5th May 2001, 04:24
In 10 years I'd love to be RHS on the 744 or 777 with the worlds favourite......with a gorgeous wife and mebbes a coupla sprogs.

But i'd settle for the f/o job first :)

EGDR
5th May 2001, 05:41
0300z North Atlantic N60.00 W 30.00
Sea state 6
In the middle of a JMC
On the pitching fight deck of type 42
LHS of Lynx Mk8

great expectations
6th May 2001, 18:41
744 OR 777 captain.
Perhaps Training captain on whatever else.
( BA )

Jag/Porsche in the garage

hopefully no god damn men in my life

and a puppy
GE xx

MikeSamuel
6th May 2001, 18:52
Zipping over the barren terrain of Australia, where they herd cows with planes! But I would be in a Dash-8, Delivering the post and messages to the cut-off settlements dotted around. The farms out there are literally the size of a city or two...
Did anyone see the program that followed the weekly journey of this plane...It was on the BBC at one time. It looks amazing...

Mike

------------------
Anyone like to sponsor a 16 year old aspiring pilot to do a PPL? I have little money, but have an amazing attraction to an aviation career/lifestyle - Email me please!!

Lucifer
6th May 2001, 20:54
Pilot astronaut. Seriously I don't think nobody has a chance if you're not American but the route is supposed to be something like FJ2000hrs, QFI, then test pilot school and do that for a few years followed by NASA application. And a damn good pilot.

Flypuppy
6th May 2001, 21:02
Did someone say they wanted a puppy? ;)

In 10 years time I just want to be earning a living from aviation, don't really care what I am flying as long as I am having fun.

VFE
7th May 2001, 19:28
10 years time? Paying back the loan that I will get sometime ;) and flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog turds outa Hong Kong!

Seriously, I hope to be flying anything for a living. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif
But dream of all dreams? Hmmmm, gotta be the jumbo or 777 ennit? :)

VFE.

HomerSimpson
7th May 2001, 19:37
Id like to be either a Capt or training Capt in 10 years time, flying a B747, B757, B767 or B777. In fact if I can take the aircraft to places such as Barbados and Seychelles I wouldn't care what aircraft it was.
Plus, fast car and fast bike. Wife and Kids are optional!

Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

Rote 8
8th May 2001, 15:17
Concorde Captain

777 to tropical destinations throughout the world

Maldavian Air Taxi Pilot

Lightning & Hunter driver for Thunder City in Cape Town

Aerobatics pilot on the Air Show Circuit

Fly for The Fighter Company at Duxford

Take you pick mate! The sky quite literally is the limit.

Viking 1
8th May 2001, 16:23
Mel Gibson in Air America

Capt Wannabee
8th May 2001, 16:30
Flying the Miss World wet T-shirt international demonstration squad's private 777 round the world to lots of hot destinations..... :)

Or back on earth in the RHS of anything with switches on the ceiling.

er82
8th May 2001, 17:20
Got to be F/O of a B777 (getting in the LHS in maybe 15 years) flying to sunny destinations, then coming home to a house full of kids complete with house-husband, a few dogs, a JAG XK8, Porsche Boxter & BMW Z8 in the garage, with holiday homes in the Bahamas, a top-class skiing resort, and something in the osuth of Spain for those short weekends away.

Don't forget the big fat pay-cheque!!

Snakum
8th May 2001, 20:38
Sitting in the left-hand seat of a Gemini MD-11F. Watching a beautiful sunrise over the ocean at my 10:00 as we head southeast for a long layover at KVCP in Brazil.

Once checked in and after all paperwork is completed I'll head for the hotel where my wife and kids are waiting after flying down the day before. After two days of shopping, swimming, hiking, sightseeing, and making love every night ... they load up to return to our ranch in the North Carolina mountains and I pick up my flight plan for the next exotic destination on this 14-day trip in the MacBoeing.

Snakum

juswonnafly
8th May 2001, 21:10
I'd like to be earning a living wage working for people that appreciate my skills.

Just to have my life back would be nice.

JWF http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Whirlybird
8th May 2001, 21:24
Getting paid to play around in helicopters instead of bankrupting myself doing so - the details are irrelevant.

------------------
Whirly

To fly is human, to hover, divine.

[This message has been edited by Whirlybird (edited 08 May 2001).]

catswhisker
8th May 2001, 23:34
Still Alive would be good.

Levente
9th May 2001, 00:26
Flying a corporate plane, no matter whether jet or a small turbine as long as I don't end up flying between those 10 same destinations.

Levente

eject
10th May 2001, 04:28
still happy still dreaming still striving and anything but still

bushranger
10th May 2001, 07:16
From one ex-wannabe to you all... keep it up! Someone has to be doing these jobs in the future, may as well be you. Keep the faith - enjoy the ride (no thats not how I brief my pax) :)

------------------
clear in live

Baggy
11th May 2001, 01:36
In 10 years? Having earned bags more cash than Mr Baggy, taken (very) early retirement, sitting somewhere hot and sunny doing all of things that I enjoy most! ;)