PDA

View Full Version : Avalon 2003

Knockout
6th Jan 2003, 19:27
Hey all,

I just want to know how to go about getting into the Avalon Airshow on a trade day? and can you also get your partner in to the trade day too? I do work in the industry and I haven't found anything on the net yet also the RACV only control the public days.

Raider1
7th Jan 2003, 01:21
Try the Air Shows downunder web page. They are the promotors and control the trade tickets.
Just buy 2 tickets one for you and one for your partner

High Altitude
7th Jan 2003, 02:45
Yes its that time again for the airshow...

Last AirShow I remember the Friday night and well oh what a night waaaaaay to much bourbon...

Anyone that is keen for Airshow drinkies somewhere let me know, somewhere in town would be the best, maybe say late on the Friday night after the airshow?

On another note... Anyone flying out to EN after the Friday night show?

Pharcarnell
9th Jan 2003, 06:21
I bought a Gold Pass for the last Avalon on Friday and that allowed me in to the trade session before the public bit started at night.
I hope that it is still the case 'cos I've done it again.

Wing Root
9th Jan 2003, 08:13
The latest issue of "Australian Aviation" has an order form for a trade day ticket.
I guess you could buy two issues so you can get a ticket for your partner too.

Hornetboy
9th Jan 2003, 16:59
Last Flight Safety issue has a discount thingy for trade day tickets. I heard somewhere that any pilot could get in? Just bring your flight crew license, and that's proof you have an "operational" involvement in aviation. I'll have a crack at that.

Raider1
15th Jan 2003, 01:10
Have just received my brochure re the trade tickets. One big change is that entry with a discounted trade pass is no longer allowed on the friday. So thats stops trade visit during the day then staying on for the night entertainment.

If you want to go on Friday then its full freight $35 pp

Ang737
15th Jan 2003, 02:57
Hey All...

While your at it why not organise a drink session after the friday night show. Closest town is Lara but not a very good pub. Geelong about equal distance and a myriad of fine establishments...

Ang ;)

high talker
17th Jan 2003, 10:16
I wouldnt say there is a myriad of drinking of drinking establishments in Geelong. But there are some new places and very pleasing to the eye.

Ash767
19th Jan 2003, 07:31
Ang737

I am with you and High Alt's idea.

Not being from YMML I would not know where to go with regards to a few beverages. If some of us could start throwing some suggestions on to the thread about where to go we could organise a place and time. Geelong sounds the better option!

Ash;)

flymarshall.com
20th Jan 2003, 01:47
Why not head back to Melbourne? :confused: :confused:

Plenty to choose from ;)