PDA

View Full Version : Best Joystick for FS2002

CorvusCorax
6th Jan 2003, 08:02
Can anyone recommend a joystick for FS2002?

AerBabe
6th Jan 2003, 12:42
Do you just want a joystick, or do you want 'rudder' pedals too? And I believe some of the joysticks have feedback in them.... Might help if you gave an idea of how much you want to spend. :)

Lemoncake
6th Jan 2003, 13:15
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 is excellent. Available in most large electrical stores. Got mine from amazon for circa 60-70 notes.

BoeingBoy
6th Jan 2003, 13:29
The Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold USB has been an excellent all rounder for me.

I recently found the force feed back version of the above at a 'Managers clearout' counter, and after downloading the XP driver it too is excellent but is very tempremental with FS2002 running 767 PIC. (If you engage the autopilot the stick goes beserk!)

In CFS3 it loses all functions if any adjustments are made away from full force and function. But in IL-2 it is just magic!

Happy gaming!;)

ratsarrse
8th Jan 2003, 13:24
I have the Microsoft FF2 - not bad. The problem I have is that it is designed for right handed people. Shouldn't be a problem - I'm right handed. But it means that you have to control the plane with your right hand, the throttle with your left (i.e the opposite to what you would do in most planes in real life), and when you need to use the mouse you have to change hands. The stick is hard to control with your left hand because of its shape. It might be better to get a yoke - but it's quite a lot of money that could be spent on flying the real thing!

AerBabe
8th Jan 2003, 17:44
You wanna learn to fly a proper aeroplane then, like the Chipmunk! ;) :p

ratsarrse
8th Jan 2003, 18:44
You wanna learn to fly a proper aeroplane then, like the Chipmunk!

I would love to! You offering? ;)

It's all the Chipmunk's fault for making me want to do this flying thing in the first place. When I was at school, we had to pick an activity to do on Wednesday afternoons and I picked the RAF cadets as it seemed to be the best of a bad bunch. Shooting and getting to have a go in a Chippie were the only compensations for what was an otherwise fairly dull weekly activity.

noblues
9th Jan 2003, 22:16
Just bought a Microsoft Sidewinder Precesion 2.

Liked the feel and where the throttle was placed, using with CFS3 and works well ....... has a twist 'Z' axis for rudder (a must for fligt sims, ohhh to side slip !).

Almost bought a Logitech one ..... basic one from Argos is only £15 with throttle, but no Z axis rudder.

Tried force feed back, but don't like the 'realism' on CF3 .... doesn't feel like the real thing ! (My Airbus has no feedback anyway !).

CorvusCorax
10th Jan 2003, 15:05
Thanks for all the comments. Obviously I prefer to fly real aircraft even if not proper ones! A yoke is about £100 so maybe it's a joystick for £40??