PDA

View Full Version : Salary per hour/year !

BeerFly
5th Jan 2003, 16:49
Goodevening !

Just sharing with you guys that this year I flew for 600 hrs on a turboprop and earned 36.000 Euro net.

This means 60 Euro's per hour.

Cheers !

737man
13th Jan 2003, 10:44
By comparison Ryan are contracting experienced 737 Captains for Euro137/hr. According to my calculations an average easyjet Captain would earn about Euro 190/hr but would do less hours thn the Ryan pilot.

Loony_Pilot
14th Jan 2003, 11:10
Hi,

Your calculations are only taking into account your flying hours... most people in "normal" jobs are paid from the time they arrive at work to the time they leave.

So.. calculate your salary in relation to your total duty hours and watch the hourly rate plummet.

I just did mine and I'm off to work in Tesco!

Loony

Captain Vortex
14th Jan 2003, 11:29
My company paid me 200 euros/hr. I fly B-737 and flew about 350 hr´s.

witchdoctor
15th Jan 2003, 11:12
Whoaaaa!

Careful of Tesco there loony boy! Hourly rates for salaried people in retail can be as low as £2.50 an hour, and it didn't buy many flying hours I can tell you!:(

Who's next please? Do you want a hand packing that madam?

BeerFly
15th Jan 2003, 12:01
OK Looney Pilot you're right it plummets towards 25 Euro's per hour but I have flying job and they are paying me 25 E per hour for it. Lot's of people would like to change position with me probably.

Maybe put it as 600 hrs * unbelievable joy * 60 Euro's = great

Loony_Pilot
15th Jan 2003, 19:26
Sorry.. I wasnt meaning to be flippant regarding tescos.. I worked in the retail sector, Saturday jobs when younger and I know how crap the pay is.

I'm an instructor so earn slightly the lesser side of not a lot... I would actually earn over double if I worked full time in Tesco's. I'm not going to though!

I was just trying to point out that pilots work more "hours" than just the logged brakes off - brakes on time. Which adjusts the actual pay rate slightly.

36,000 a year for 600 hours sounds reasonable!

Loony