PDA

View Full Version : Dept of CALM / AQIS Investigation

DX Wombat
5th Jan 2003, 11:11
The Dept of CALM and AQIS have annouced a joint investigation into the discovery, in an undisclosed location, of a hangar full of Australian wildlife believed to have been poached from various National Parks. The owners of the hangar are believed to have acquired the wildlife for various reasons including circus training and export on the black market. Officials say they discovered the 12 kookaburras, 22 assorted, rare, poisonous snakes, 30 galahs - which were very wet and bedraggled and had possibly been intended as food for the 42 sharks discovered in a swimming poolat the rear of the hangar along with 36 saltwater crocodiles, 36 lyre birds, 40 assorted kangaroos - mainly those of the rarer species, 42 emus and a large quantity of emu eggs, 40 dingos, 30 wombats in a similar condition to the galahs and possibly also intended for the same purpose :( :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: , 22 frilled neck lizards - almost certainly destined for the black market,and twelve Leadbeaters possums.
CALM say that the owners of the hangar appear to have tried to conceal its presence from passers by by planting approximately 12 gum trees around it. These trees match the description of those dug up at night from a nearby National Park. Anyone with any useful information is asked to forward it to the appropriate Department.

the wizard of auz
5th Jan 2003, 11:23
Bugga, I knew the gum trees would give me away. I was gunna eat all of that wildlife, not export it.
I think someone is pulling ya leg DX. :D

hoss
5th Jan 2003, 11:27
if its true the person/people responsible should be shot.

regards hoss :mad:

mustafagander
6th Jan 2003, 04:22
hoss,

The sharks need feeding!!! ;)

hoss
6th Jan 2003, 07:56
Yeah,but thats what the indo illegal fisherman should be used for.

I'm sure my old Coastwatch collegues are still catching em ;) .

Regards hoss

ps. any news on the location?

OzExpat
7th Jan 2003, 02:06
Hey DX ... ya fergot the partridge in the pear tree! :D

DX Wombat
7th Jan 2003, 16:10
Wiz , just checked carefully in case I was missing something and.....no, nobody is pulling my leg. :p :D
Hoss the location would appear to be Leonora in West Oz, apparently there was a freshly painted C310 in the hangar too.:rolleyes:
OzExpat I have had to keep the partridge and pear tree in the UK as AQIS wouldn't let me import them into Oz.:( They said some very rude things about fruit fly, greenfly, blackfly, whitefly and codlin moth being undesireable exotic species which might damage the fruit tree population in Oz, not to mention the remarks made about the poor partridge concerning lice, fleas, ticks and fowl pest. It was enough to make the poor thing lose its feathers.:eek: Still, at least it means I won't need to pluck it before I roast it. :D :D :D