View Full Version : Hour Building What would you do?

Snap
3rd May 2001, 21:19
Over the years Ive met many people who aspire to being pro-pilots and say that they will do anything to get a bit of experience.

Some of those same people have then turned down jobs in Aerial photography,Jump plane flying, glider towing etc because they feel its below them or that the money isnt good or non existant or its dangerous or they think that as thier school told them that 200hrs would get them a shiny jet so they will wait for that.

So what would you do to get your hours from a raw 200 to over 700 in 6 months?

[This message has been edited by Snap (edited 03 May 2001).]

Iz
4th May 2001, 17:21
Becoming an instructor is a great way to get some extra (very good) experience and get paid for it as well!

fast cruiser
4th May 2001, 17:46
Those people who have turned down other jobs in seeking a jet job will probably kick themselves when it 6 months they are still trying to get a job and others have a few more hundred hours and get hired by a major.

I here now that some airlines are not recruiting 200hour guys because they are in need of experience for Commands in 2 years or so, and a 200 hr cadet in 6+ years from a command.

v1rotate
5th May 2001, 00:55
I'm in the same boat. With 370 hours total, no one will look at me. I've just started as a jump pilot and hope to get at least another 100 hours or so before the end of summer. I'll do anything for hours. Sitting at home and waiting for the phone to call from an airline doesnt cut it with me I'm afraid. Get on the phone and in the car and go speak to people in Glider clubs, Parachute clubs, airlines etc.

------------------
"Jerry, just remember, it's NOT a LIE if YOU believe it." - George Costanza

Iz
5th May 2001, 11:27
Oh yeah: Flying a C152 is better than not flying at all!!!