PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Training College

marshall
4th Jan 2003, 03:37
Does anyone have any information on Singapore Training College based in Perth?

Website, requirements, endorsements, min hours...etc

Any help would be great!

hombre_007
5th Jan 2003, 11:45
Gday,
I'm guessing your wanting to know the requirements to be an instructor at sx.

So you need to have a Grade 2 instructor rating, Command instrument rating to do a bit of single engine IFR teaching,
but with regards to twin endorsements...you don't need a baron endorsement (which are the twins they have) because the twin teaching jobs go to the more senior people.
I don't think there are any other minimum hour requirements..

Icarus2001
5th Jan 2003, 20:35
Marshall, it is called Singapore Flying College and judging from the one way flow of instructors from CSWAFC it is the better option...

http://www.sfcpl.com/

I suspect this website is a student project rather than an official airline/college sanctioned site.

marshall
6th Jan 2003, 01:15
Many thanks Icarus2001 and hombre_007!

Website is a tad shady! :eek:

Icarus2001
6th Jan 2003, 01:19
Well there is an obvious reply to that but I will refrain.....you figure it out.

Pete O Heat
6th Jan 2003, 09:19
A little of the topic but

Icarus2001

If you look at the instructors at SQ from CSWAFC, you will find that they were either from Perth and didnt like moving to MDN for what ever reason (usually due to commuting to PH every weekend to see wife or g/f can get expensive) or they were twin training rated and found progression to the twins slow at CS.

CSWAFC works Monday to Friday, has the major public holidays off (xmas, easter and chinesse new year) gets paid more for less work required and has more perks (cheap air travel, accomodation and car hire). If you can handle MDN for 12 months before transfering to JT, it is not a bad job.

I would not suggest that Singapore College is any better at all.

Is there any truth to the rumour that Singapore are phasing out all twins, and the students will go from C172's to the Lear.

CSWAFC trialed this a few years back. It doesnt work.

Angle of Attack
9th Jan 2003, 02:26
Pete O heat your quite right mostly but I moved to SFC from CSWAFC because it was much better, company looked after me better faster progression to twins, and of course capital city makes it better. The fact is that most of the instructors are from Perth because no one from over east ever applies! (Occasionally they do) therefore it is very little known over east. I doubt that the twins are being phased out, probably the Barons are being replaced by another comparable twin I'd say.

sprocket
11th Jan 2003, 00:51
I have heard that the SFC is getting another five 172's and maybe two more Barons.

Guptar
11th Jan 2003, 02:55
Does anyone have a postal address/contact name to send resumes to them the Simgapore Flying College, only has a Simgapore Address.

Meeb
11th Jan 2003, 17:15
Does anyone know the time scale for the college moving to Maroochydore?

Icarus2001
14th Jan 2003, 20:49
Guptar, you obviously haven't tried very hard. Try the on-line white pages...

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/

Singapore Flying College
22 Compass Road
Jandakot
WA 6164

Meeb...There is no plan at present for that move. There has been recent new building at JT, it is unlikely this would have gone ahead if the training operations were going to move to YBMC.

puff
15th Jan 2003, 12:59
From all the stuff i've heard there is no plan to move the entire ops to MC, ab initio will be done in JT with the guys moving to MC for the jet training. Few weeks ago they were advertising for instructors at MC, 2000 hours TT with 1000 Jet.

Angle of Attack
15th Jan 2003, 13:03
Yes you are right puff the learjet ops are moving to Maroochydore but the ab-initio up to CPL/IR will be remaining in JT for the foreseeable future, anyway if they moved to MC there would be chaos in the skies over east due to all the solo flying they do! VCA every day Id say, perth is simple enough MC, BN , Amberely airspace would be impossible for them.:confused:

Icarus2001
15th Jan 2003, 19:05
Yes you are right puff the learjet ops are moving to Maroochydore

Not moving, moved. VH-SQV VH-SQR & VH-SQD already are operating out of YBMC and have been for quite a while.

Angle of Attack
17th Jan 2003, 13:38
Oh yes Icarus2001 I correct myself yes they have moved and are now operating out of Maroochydore. As for ab-initio moving from Jandakot, basically there has been an extension recently but it all depends how the airport operator treats them, if charges get too high they will pack up and leave the state, but it seems an unlikely proposition. As for getting a job with them, as I said they advertise in the australian, but remember you need to be prepared to travel over to Perth for an interview. One good thing is if you get the job you get relocation expenses for the move which is even better than QF and the like!

Meeb
17th Jan 2003, 18:29
In their first advert for jet instructors which was in 'The Australian' around a year ago, it did say all training will be moving to Qld, so it is going to happen, could be next year, could be 5 years, but it will happen. I am just wondering when...

Bellthorpe
17th Jan 2003, 23:43
Icarus,

The following three aircraft are operating out of YBMC:

VH-SQM VH-SQR VH-SQV.