PDA

View Full Version : Guppy in BOH!

Cee of Gee
4th Jan 2003, 02:06
Rare old beast in BOH at present.
Anybody know what the CL44 Guppy is doing there?
Parked next to her outside the FRA hanger on arr this morning.
Freightdoggydog, be very gentle if you tell Wah Wah this news, you know how he gets when the Guppy talk starts!!

Happy New Year to all fellow Dogs, especially the green tailed ones!:D

Chris cargo
5th Jan 2003, 19:54
Rumour has it, its due a check, but not quite sure any one is left to certify the old girl, I dont think too many of the EX Heavylift guys will be interested! But what about the Belfast in PIK who is going to look after that?

AMEX
5th Jan 2003, 22:42
The Guppy has been parked at Teesside for the past 2 months. Came back from holidays tonight and saw it was gone but I though it was finally doing some work.... Oh well at least they have my CV ;)

BRISTOLRE
6th Jan 2003, 11:06
Is that damn SC5 still in PIK? Is there any signs of movement or any plans for it?:eek:

coopervane
6th Jan 2003, 21:16
Word on the street is that an Austalian Company has bought the Guppy and the Belfast and are up there for a respray.
They are both destined for work in Africa.....No doubt never to be seen again!

8th Jan 2003, 15:36
Can someone tell me what the cost is for a respray. If these two venerable a/c are departing for Africa for what can surely be assumed a low cost operation, a new paint scheme would be the least of the new owners concerns.

Can I assume that there is a stock of engine and airframe parts as I am aware of the Belfast at SEN but surely there are no Guppy bits left.

freightdoggy dog
8th Jan 2003, 16:37
Cee of Gee, talked to Wah Wah today, yes he still has the old girl on his ticket. So he could sign off a check but......how many folding ones are going to cross his palm?

Anyway, he has more important things to do at the moment.
Including how to pass the port and use the right knife and fork. Officer Wah Wah, whatever next?? Ralphy boy buying a £1.99 bottle of red at Tescos' thats what. Standards are slipping old chum.

Back to topic, I expect the old girl might just see some action going back n forth to LCA doing some military movements this month if Blair and Bush have their way.

However............. it was still sitting there tonight as I left the 4xL188 loadies "banging their heads on a picnic table" Airbus course.

cul8r:D

Bodjit
8th Jan 2003, 21:37
Definately on a check at FRA then on s/by for Presidents Blair and Bush............

VP8
8th Jan 2003, 22:45
Last I heard the from a reliable source was that the old Belslow was going to Oz on a good contract hauling fish!!

Veeps ;)

Cee of Gee
9th Jan 2003, 08:51
FDD,
has he been charged with GBH to that picnic table yet?!
What other 'Billy' factors do you cover in the course?
Maybe, methods of transport with dubious history or generously expanding the facts.

;)