PDA

View Full Version : Working to hour build on PPL - help needed!

Dakota Queen
3rd Jan 2003, 21:52
Hello down there

Does anyone know where I could research getting a job bringing up skydivers, chute jumpers in exchange for putting up hours - obvioulsy not getting paid! There is probably a term for this type of work but i dont know it! I will have an ICAO PPL so getting temp licences should not be an issue. Should it?

I plan on being down under Jan 2004 - I'm free to go anywhere in NZ/OZ so any help appreciated!!

Thanks

redsnail
4th Jan 2003, 02:11
Touchy subject flying para ops on a PPL. Even touchier topic is flying for free (unless it's for a bona fide club) The only way you can do it in Oz is to fly for a bona fide para club that isn't selling seats/jumps to the public. Otherwise, you'll need a CPL. Getting an Oz validation for your ICAO PPL shouldn't be a hassle. I've put a link to CASA's website on my response to your query in Wanabes.

Oz has a reasonable GA scene compared to the UK. After Ozmates get their CPL they get a flying job to gain hours that the airlines want.

Buck Rogers
4th Jan 2003, 21:02
Yes you can fly for any organisation flying meat bombs with a PPL
and yes it is a touchy subject ,,,, A lot of pilots bag the fact that you fly for no money (With a CPL) ,,, but the real truth is , that is how a lot of pilots started out.