View Full Version : Flight Time - Duty Time Regulations

Meerkat
3rd Jan 2003, 20:26
Hi all!

I have been hearing a few things in reference to the new European Community ruling on Flight and Duty Time.

I am very interested in finding out what is the latest and
where we stand. Is anyone here up to speed?

Also the Italian pilots' unions have proposed a strike and
are selling it as Europe wide. Is it true? Are all other
European pilots going on strike on the 21st of January?

That's what the unions here are telling us, but I personally
do not believe strikes to be the best way to inform the
public of the risks connected with an increase in operational
fatigue.

What do you think??? Thanks for your input.

The Meerkat

aw ditor
4th Jan 2003, 19:14
I do not believe that the UK CAA would be initiating a second wave of consultations on proposed amendments to CAP371 on the 2nd. of December 2002 (FODCOM 29/02) if an EU FTLS was imminent. No news in my area re European wide industrial action in the near future! (Details of FODCOM on UK CAA website)

GULFPILOT76
5th Jan 2003, 14:03
The latest I've heard is not really up to date but as far as I know the EU commission has had a vote on Subpart Q last year and it has been accepted for what it is with an open end regarding some articles for cabin crew. It has only taken them about 7 yrs to come up with something so we shouldn't be in a big hurry!!
The Airlines have been lobbying almost into the bedrooms of legislators to prevent them from accepting ECA's proposals. It is very important to most operators to make us work as hard as possible, "an autopilot can work 24 hrs a day, so why can't pilots"? The proposal to the new subpart Q can be found (although with some tough searching) on WWW.ECA-COCKPIT.COM. It is better than some countries have now, but still way off a fatique free operation, I think