View Full Version : ATA Coventry??????

Rob 747
19th Aug 2001, 01:42
I am about to go and view ATA in Coventry.

All the people i know are fairly happy with the service, but given the light of the recent schools (4Forces, PPSC)i am now a little bit worried.

Has anyone been there and is it worth the money??

PS, where did you stay?

Cpt Dick :p

Tug
19th Aug 2001, 02:18
The teachers there have a strange concept regarding money; they think they are paying you to sit quietly,ask no questions and take a whole load of utter cr^p. Having said that I passed and found that, teaching concepts aside, they had all the info and tricks neccessary to pass. And that at the end of the day is what it's all about.
Good luck and don't answer back! ;)

Rob 747
19th Aug 2001, 02:27
Uh.......Oh..........

Im not too keen on being talked at!!!!!

Anymore??

DB6
19th Aug 2001, 02:56
Did my Techs there in '98 (pre-JAR) with Danny Latham and passed first time with an average of 97%, need I say more? Can't speak highly enough of them although I suppose things may have changed since JAR (bastards) reared its ugly head.

Facts Not Fiction Pls
19th Aug 2001, 02:58
I personally visited ATA and found them to be very professional, great facilities and they don't appear to be in financial strain which in this day and age is a consideration. :cool:

Grandad Flyer
19th Aug 2001, 03:00
Tug, are you talking about the same place? I found they welcomed questions and also discussions although of course they had to be limited, and often continued in breaks due to the sheer volume of work to cover.
I found the teaching excellent, Danny Latham can explain things so that even I can understand them and I found Pete Lines and Pete Quinlan to be very good at their stuff.
Their pass mark is very good, the set up good, and I would say it is very, very unlikely they would go bust.

Valiant
19th Aug 2001, 15:21
I agree with Grandad. I finished with ATA in Jan this year and would highly recommend them. Questions etc were welcomed and the teaching was first class. Danny Latham had just left as I finished up there but Mike Burton I believe was joining them.

I Kid
19th Aug 2001, 17:01
No problems with ATA, Sandy and his team, Pete Lines, Pete Quinlan & Mike Burton do a superb job and still produce high pass rates.

Rgds I Kid

TUG, Regarding teaching concepts, you talk cr@p.
;)

[ 19 August 2001: Message edited by: I Kid ]

Flypuppy
19th Aug 2001, 18:08
Currently studying the JAR rubbish at ATA. There is very little chance that ATA will go out of business in the foreseeable future.

Pete Lines, Pete Quinlan and Mike Burton know their subjects inside out.

Pete Quinlan is available at all times to answer any questions you may have, his dedication to his students is quite touching.

ATA have a list of homes that rent rooms on a bed and breakfast basis. Most are within walking distance of Coventry Airport. Coventry Houses (http://www.atatraining.co.uk/house.htm)

EricTheRed
20th Aug 2001, 06:47
I Kid:

Why is Tug talking cr@p? I personally witnessed a few folks walking out of an ATA class once - Tug was one of them. One of the lecturers preferred taking the p1ss, that day, to answering "simple" questions, resulting in a little upset. If your questions aren't being answered whilst you're paying good money, well, it's better to study at home with the notes! There aren't any "stupid" questions when you're under ATPL exam pressures.

On the whole, though, ATA are a very professional outfit and I would recommend them. As somebody already said - they have all the answers and Pete Quinlan is the guardian angel of many a flight planning rookie. He saved my bacon!

Have fun y'all!

ETR

Tug
20th Aug 2001, 13:34
Oops. Great to hear things are well there. Sad to see Danny going as he was a star.
When I was there a couple of the guys were perhaps just in need of a holiday, me included! Like I said in my first post, I got the results and that's why I went there and they delivered. :)

Rob 747
25th Aug 2001, 01:42
Well, ATA it is then!! :D

I have now been and can say i am happy with them!

Ive paid my deposit and have received sh*t loads of notes in exchange!! :eek:

Thanks to everyone who i spoke to today! :p You were the decision makers!!

PMA (positive mental attitude) is available 'on tap' down there!! :D

Good Luck to ya all in your exams! :)

HomerSimpson
25th Aug 2001, 03:31
I studied at ATA for my ATPLS in the latter part of 1999 and early 2000. The staff were brilliant, very helful and knew all the tricks of the trade to help you get through the exams without too many problems.

I also did Perf A in September 2000 too. Sandy knows all the quick ways through the graphs - thankfully.

Rob 747 I would like to say enjoy yourself there, but you probably will not have the time whilst you're buried under the JAR notes! :eek:

Homer :)

Flypuppy
25th Aug 2001, 05:34
Good luck, glad you enjoyed meeting the low foreheaded Coventronians.

redsnail
25th Aug 2001, 22:52
Rob, if you were the young bloke that we chatted to in the foyer on Fri I am glad to see that you found the Old Mill. You will need it a lot :D

scroggs
26th Aug 2001, 02:33
Reddo, leave the young fellas alone! They're not ready for you - but another 15 minutes on the barbie should just do it! :cool:

Rob 747
27th Aug 2001, 01:57
Redsnail,

That was me! :D

Which one were you?
Were you from the Tech class or the Nav class?

How do you know i found the Old Mill?

Scroggs,

Wow a forum moderator posting on one of my posts!!! :D :D COOL! :p

redsnail
27th Aug 2001, 11:29
Rob,
I am doing the techs, I am the token female :D I saw you leaving the Old Mill as I was walking home. No hiding is there? :D

Scroggsy,
You're right mate, What's Stopstart up to? ;)

aztruck
27th Aug 2001, 15:37
Hiya Redsnail. Ata are brill. I went for a brush up and came away with the fiction that I even slightly understood Nav.(I didnt of course, only navigators do)
This was in the ancient of CAA ATPL days, but I dont imagine they have lost their touch.

redsnail
27th Aug 2001, 15:50
G'day Aztruck,
Yeah, they aren't bad. Just bashing away at the thrilling topic of Performance. I met you at the Gatbash. :D

aztruck
28th Aug 2001, 02:29
gatbash....err remember it unwell enough to know it was a good hoot! How's things? How long are you up in Cov for? If Mike Burton is teaching, give him my regards, i think i had hair down to my waist when he was teaching me at Cranfield!!
Pjdj and Sick Squid have a terrible fate in store for me this christmas bash....emails in the profile i think.