PDA

View Full Version : validity of UK(JAR) medical certificate

nakambe
2nd Jan 2003, 12:41
Happy new year everyone out there!

Can someone please clarify for me regarding
renewal of the UK(JAR) class one medical
certificate relating to the six months:

a - how do you define calender month (example please, i.e a certain date of one month to another date of the followingmonth)?

b - supposing my current medical expires on the 15 Feb. 2003,what will the next expiry date be if I did the renewal on:
i - 02 Jan. 2003 or
ii - 20 Jan. 2003 or
iii - 14 Feb. 2003 or
iv - 20 Feb. 2003?

c - how do you refer to a month which is not a calender month in this context?

Thank you.

spittingimage
3rd Jan 2003, 09:22
Now let me preface my early morning efforts by saying that I am no medical man, but my understanding is as follows : (a) a calendar month would be from, say, 15th of one month to the 14th of the next month (inclusive). It would take no account of the number of days in the month (esp Feb). So, if you were examined on the 30th June, a 6 month cert would expire 29th December. However, I suspect that an examination on 30th August would expire 28 (or 29) February, unless the AME was feeling generous !

Your second query with list of dates is rather easier :

(b) i 14 August 2003
(b) ii 14 August 2003
(b) iii 14 August 2003
(b) iv 19 August 2003

PROVIDED THAT you present the unexpired previous Class 1 certificate to the AME at the time of examination (you are permitted to present yourself for examination up to 45 days early, whereupon you get the new certificate dated on the expiry date of the unexpired certificate). If you do not or cannot present the old certificate then the dates become

i 01 July 2003
ii 19 July 2003
iii 13 August 2003
iv 19 August 2003, respectively.

With regard to your query (c) I am afraid I do not fully understand
the question. As far as I can see, a month is a calendar month is a month. Approximately.

Hope this is clear-ish and that I do not get cruelly shot down in flames !!

britannia66
3rd Jan 2003, 17:48
JAA medical certificates have the expiry date written on them. Simply read the certificate!" They are NOT valid until the end of the calander month.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: