PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter used by escaping prisoners

piloteddy
1st Jan 2003, 14:57
Full Story Here (http://www.aero-news.net/news/sport.cfm?ContentBlockID=7220)

One of the prisoners, however, was unable to board and had to hold on to one of the helicopter's skids for some eight minutes of flight time :eek: :rolleyes:

widgeon
1st Jan 2003, 16:01
all sounds a bit too easy , what do you have to do to get a sentance of over 300 years ?

Genghis the Engineer
1st Jan 2003, 20:56
Presumably you need to murder quite a lot of people in a country without the death penalty. I'd guess one or two Brits (Harold Shipman for example) have greater tarifs.

G

Ascend Charlie
1st Jan 2003, 21:48
At least these people were smart enough to hijack a Squirrel. A few years back, a woman hijacked a Bell 47 to lift her imprisoned boyfriend from a jail in Sydney. During the getaway, she was wondering why the cars on the freeway were going faster than she was! So she dumped the chopper and hijacked a car! They are both in prison now, and the pilot, who has more lives than a tabby tomcat, is still flying in the tropical paradise of North Queensland.:cool:

pohm1
2nd Jan 2003, 03:13
Not the first time and probably won't be the last. It happened a few years ago at Gartree Prison in the UK, a few well placed cables across the prison yards was the result. Talk about shutting the stable door!
I believe that the pilot in the Sydney hijack was shot at by the prison guards during the breakout. Did they really think that he would have been acting without some kind of duress being placed upon him? It would have made an interesting logbook entry.

Go-Around
2nd Jan 2003, 10:41
From what I can gather from the news article, the nice young man got 315yrs for robbing a bank or two!

LordGrumpy
2nd Jan 2003, 10:47
And there was that girl in Paris who had a Robinson.
Didn't she chuck out guns into the execise yard.
Whatever next kites, the non fossil fuel burning environmentally healthy escape!
Some one draw a cartoon please.:D