PDA

View Full Version : Pilot & iPaq

sirsushi
30th Dec 2002, 19:13
Nothing of interest here. Just that I've always wanted to fly and am planning to purchase an iPaq. Was browsing around a supermarket here the other day and happened to notice a pilot with an iPaq in his pocket. What I wouldn't give to be that fellow ;)

By the way, I'm thinking of signing up with Malacca Flying CLub. Any comments, anyone?

kwaiyai
31st Dec 2002, 20:05
Sorry to sound silly but what is iPaq?
Is the Mallaca club at Batu Berendam out of interest.
Cheers.:cool:

sirsushi
31st Dec 2002, 20:16
It's alright, not too many people know. The iPaq is a microsoft powered pocket pc previously produced by Compaq which has been "merged" with Hewlett-Packard. It can be accessorised to be a GPS receiver.

Yes, it's the same MFA.
I'm thinking of either Malacca, Adelaide or Christchurch.

kwaiyai
31st Dec 2002, 20:25
Sounds a brilliant idea.
Fly at the MFA, I like it.
Regards.:cool:

sirsushi
1st Jan 2003, 16:41
just a quick question? why MFA over Adelaide or Christchurch? I mean the rates at MFA are slightly more expensive...

kwaiyai
1st Jan 2003, 20:45
I'm just being biased on that one. Its your choice at the end of the day where you go and undoubtably you will get the qualification where ever you go to train. Good Luck.

casio man
3rd Jan 2003, 10:41
" Was browsing around a supermarket here the other day and happened to notice a pilot with an iPaq in his pocket. What I wouldn't give to be that fellow "

2 questions:
i) How did u know that guy was a pilot ?

ii) Am a pilot meself...quite happy with my Palm. So whats so special about the IPAQ?

1 comment

MFA, nice place, but if u wanna fly for fun might as well go to Christchurch, the scenary is better. If u wanna get a job in M'sia flying, then MFA is better loh !

SuperRanger
6th Jan 2003, 08:06
i personally believe the Palm has got a lot more aviation related software than the PPC. the size is a lot more smaller and the price is definately better.

SR

sirsushi
8th Jan 2003, 21:43
casio man, he was wearing the RBA uniform:)

what's so special bout the ipaq?

I just feel that the pocket pc OS is more suitable for business-related jobs like the one i'm in now...