PDA

View Full Version : Noratlas In Kinshasa

mosantu
30th Dec 2002, 18:01
Hye fox,

anybody know if the Noratlas (9Q-CKO) still flies at kinshasa for Air Kasaļ ? I know they bought it from Guila air in 1998.
Thx, and hello to all the pilots at Kin, happy new year 2003,

:) mosantu :)

Mobotu
1st Jan 2003, 16:40
Mosantu - why don't you just email me and ask -

Since January 2000 they stopped importing AVGAS in bulk into DRC so all the piston slappers stopped flying including the Noratlas KO which had just been recovered from Kikwit after Serge from AK had put it down there on the way back from TKP one year earlier after an engine failure on route whilst empty (Why he didn't continue to Kinshasa is anyone's question)

Now they only import AVGAS in drums to KSA at a price of $315 USD each I know $1.60 a litre - Highway robbery I call it - so only a few little pisscats keep up the legend of Kinshasa's once glorious past!

AK's two DC-3's, two Noratlas's, Filair's DC-6 and 7 sit abandonned in the bush - pushed off the technical tarmac by the UN operations there to be eventually cut up for scrap.

mosantu
4th Jan 2003, 16:50
Hello mobutu,

give me your email i don't have it or email me [email protected] ! I may know you, i ve been in kin since 1990 with air zaire and left in 1998 when i was flying the noratlas for guila Air.
keep in touch

mosantu:)