PDA

View Full Version : Any places suggested for getting license?

hugocham
30th Dec 2002, 08:10
hi all,
Do you guys have any suggestions for getting Solo or GFPT? I heard the Bruce Hartwig Flying School & Basair Air Australia. Are they good?

skyfox
1st Jan 2003, 07:19
I did my training at Basair and I very much reccomend them. One of the best in my opinion. Good aircraft and very friendly and professional staff... There's also some accomodation only 5 minutes walk away and public transport at the door to the city.

Check out www.basair.com.au

SF:D

Guptar
2nd Jan 2003, 22:05
Try Whitworth Aviation at Bankstown

www.whitworthaviation.com.au

stick_&_rudder
3rd Jan 2003, 03:13
If you're based in Hong Kong, and are planning to travel for training, there are also some good flying schools in both Melbourne and Brisbane.

Yellow pages will list all of them. Visiting, and chatting with local instructors, along with checking out their fleet and prices, should give you a good idea of which schools to stay away from, and which ones to consider.

Good luck!

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
3rd Jan 2003, 03:37
apparently the Chinese Airforce have a good set up, otherwise I'd suggest Johnsons Aviation at Port Maquarie, NSW, very much a one stop shop.

QNIM
3rd Jan 2003, 20:37
hugocham I will be in HKG sometime in Feb if you
wish to discuss flying training in oz. Email me
Cheers Q

firehorse
4th Jan 2003, 02:00
Why not check out Omni Aviation Flying School which operates from Clark Air Base (ex) 90kms North of Manila. Prices are reasonable and certainly much cheaper than in HKG. They have 152/172's. It's a good place if you are restricted as are most of us by work and can only get away in short bursts.
In Manila there are a couple of schools but only one that is worthwhile, expensive though and half your time is spent holding and waiting on heavy metal. I'll be heading up that way in a couple of weeks time.

L_R_T: The PLAAF set up has been kaiwashed, for now anyway.

Cheers!

Farknel
7th Jan 2003, 00:23
Some pilot`s I have flown with have clearly found their licence in a packet of cornflakes. Ever thought of trying there?