View Full Version : 10 Commandments for Pilots

VTOL
4th Jul 2001, 18:35
I was originally going to post this in Jet Blast (and it might still end up there!) but I thought I'd give it an airing here first...take note especially of number 10... ;)

1. Thou shalt abstain from the intersection takeoff for, verily, the runway behind thee, as the altitude above thee, cometh not to thine aid when thou needest them.

2. Thou shall not linger on active runways lest thou become like unto minced meat.

3. Ignore not thy checklists, for many are the switches, handles, gauges and other demons waiting to take cruel vengeance upon thee.

4. Thou shall cast thine eyes to thy right and also to thy left as thou passeth through the firmament, lest thy fellow pilots bring flowers to thy spouse.

5. Thou shall not buzz, for this shall surely incur the wrath of thy neighbours and the fury of the authorities shall be called down upon thy head.

6. Thou shall be ever mindful of thy fuel lest there be nothing in thy tank to sustain thee upon the air, and thy days be made short.

7. Trust not thine eyes to lead thee through the cloud, lest the Archangel Gabriel await thee therein.

8. Thou shalt not trespass into the thunderstorm, lest the tempest rend the wings from thy chariot and cast thee naked into the firmament.

9. Put not thy trust in weather prophets, for when the truth is not in them, then they shall not accompany thee among thy ancestors.

10. Thou shalt often confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee.

[This message has been edited by VTOL (edited 04 July 2001).]

Simon W
4th Jul 2001, 18:51
I think number 3 is hillarious! And soo true!

Pielander
4th Jul 2001, 18:57
V. funny :)

How many pax does thy fishy feed? All 285?

Capt Wannabee
4th Jul 2001, 20:00
:) :) :)

Thou shalt not spend too long ppruning lest thy get caught, lose thy job and be unable to pay for thy CPL!!

FireDragon
4th Jul 2001, 20:13
I like number 7 personally!

Barney
4th Jul 2001, 20:17
.....number 10 is a must for glider pilots!

VTOL
4th Jul 2001, 20:19
Oh how true Capt Wannabee!! However there is a trade off here...having access to pprune is one of the few things that keeps me sane in my job...(well relatively sane that is!)

VTOL
:)

Autofly
5th Jul 2001, 00:44
..... i'll be a number 5 fan. Long live the day I get access to PPRuNe at my desk at work. It'll probably stop me gorming out of the window. Nice one VTOL.

AF