PDA

View Full Version : Any Info on China Southern & Living in YMND?

FlyTheNumbers
29th Dec 2002, 04:16
Any Info on China Southern & Living in YMND?

Hugh Jarse
29th Dec 2002, 04:45
It's a big commute between Maitland and West Oz! :D

You'd be better trying your luck with BAeFT at Tamworth.

jetage
29th Dec 2002, 13:48
it's YMDN isn't it? middle of the wheat belt, major industries being farming and flying?

*Lancer*
30th Dec 2002, 00:13
3 Hours away from the nearest big city

Which is 4 hours and $500 away from where you are!

Mind you, Perth's a good spot... wouldn't say the same for YMDN though :D

Knackers
30th Dec 2002, 23:13
Try rhese links:

http://www.cswafc.com.au

http://www.cosmic.com.au/greg/cswafc.htm

swh
31st Dec 2002, 14:02
China Southern is good, conditions are good, and the pay is also good. Grade 2&3 start on around $32,000+

Merredin is okay, not the worst country town around. You will be working with 20+ pilots so they have an instant membership to a good social group. Can think of a lot worse places to be, and some better. Population is around 2700 people.

You will never be short of flying. Aircraft are in good nic, large fleet of single, multi, and jet aircraft. At its peak company had about 50 instructor pilots.

Students do very well considering most of them never driven a car or had to communite on the radio in english

marshall
1st Jan 2003, 02:24
What are the chances for Grade 3's?

Better to go over with a CIR? :confused:

swh
1st Jan 2003, 08:42
Marshall,

We do take grade 3's, but we need a good balance of all grades as grade 3s are limited on what solos they can send. The students can do over 1000 hrs a month of solo, so we need people there that can sign them out.

If you have a search of pprune you will find some other recent posts on the company, its all good info. If you talk to people who were here over 3-4 years ago they will more than likely have some gripes with the company, we have had a significant change in senior management since then and conditions for all are a lot better.

If you come with a CIR, after being checked to line as an instructor, you will then go through another standardisation process to be signed off as a CIR sim instructor, you then will receive the award IFR allowance with is approx additional $3800, ie 35-36k as a grade 2 or 3 with CIR.

A lot of people come through without CIRs and go to Ad-Astral at YPPH on fridays/saturdays/sundays/mondays and do their ratings over about an 8 week period, this is easier for most instructors on their wallets not having to fork out even more dollars with no income before comming here.

The ops manager is away on leave at the moment, you could email your cv to him : CSWAFC Operations Manager ([email protected]) , other details are on the company web site China Southern West Australia Flying College (http://www.cswafc.com.au)

Edited for incorrect email address of the ops manager

swh
9th Jan 2003, 07:53
Sorry guys

Apparently a I have upset a number of people as I posted the incorrect email address for the ops manager.

Its [email protected] , his name is Peter Nottle, Ph 08 9417 4777, or snail mail CSWAFC, P.O. Box 263, Willetton, WA, 6415.

The company is expanding, so resumes are always welcome.

Guptar
11th Jan 2003, 03:06
I was talking a few days ago to a guy who ws there recently as an instructor, he said one should talk to Morris Tullock or Glenn Melvin rather than Peter Nottle, no disrespect indended.

Yes..No??

Are they recruiting Grade 1's ?? Whats a Grade 1 ME-IFR get by the way of salary??

Pete O Heat
13th Jan 2003, 05:57
Guptar

The CFI is Glen Melvin
The CP is Morris Tilak
The Ops Manager is Peter Nottle.

Peter Nottle is the man to talk to. He will contact you by phone to organise an interview and give you a run down on what to expect. If you decide to have an interview, then you will do it with all three of them and then have a check flight with Glen.

They are currently looking for all grades of instructors. Every one goes straight to MDN ( no direct employment to JT ).

Grade 1 with CIR at MDN are on approx $36,000.

swh
13th Jan 2003, 09:23
Guptar,

Basic Grade 2 or 3 will start on around $32,000, basic grade 1 around $34,000, when cleared for teaching sim an additional $3847.

Grade III's & Grade II's with CIR are on around $36000, grade 1's get the additional grade 1 allowance which is about $38000

After the first year of service you will also get an additional $1000, and 500ish every year after that.

Guptar
23rd Jan 2003, 04:21
Do they have a policy regarding the height/weight requirements for instructors. I hear a few years ago they would not take on someone who was either carrying a few(many??)extra kilos or someone who was overly tall and well built as it intimdated the asian students who were relatively small and slight in ststure.

Would someone get knocked back for being a little overweight??

swh
25th Jan 2003, 00:35
Guptar,

No policy I am aware of, of the 10 instructors we have recently put on they are all shapes and sizes. A few less than trim, and a few more than 6' tall, and a variety of backgrounds, from all over Australia.

Another four or so starting in the next few weeks.

Guptar
25th Jan 2003, 04:15
Thanks heaps for that shw. Some one was feeding me some bs, I'm no Mike Tyson in size but no shrinking violet either.

Is Peter Nottle back yet from Holidays, as I have just emailed a resume to him. Are they puting many instructors on in the near future??

Fingers crossed now.

marshall
4th Feb 2003, 03:38
Thanks for the info SWH!

Guptar
6th Feb 2003, 03:52
Is there any truth to the rumour that China Southern irlines will need to souble its pilot intake over the next 12 to 18 months

frank Borman
9th Feb 2003, 00:44
Anyone know if Dan Lambeth and Jim MCCue are still in the multi unit?

Oh and Chris Hale, now theres a good bloke if I ever knew one. Chris, Drop your dacks!!!

Gwojei
10th Feb 2003, 01:57
Yes (but for how long?), Yes (but for how long?), Yes...

DJ Spud Monkey
15th Feb 2003, 10:11
Was driving through Merredin the other day and saw the CSWAFC setup. Looks very good. What is the accomodation for you guys out there? (ie in town or at airport?) Any ideas on any hiring around July? Will hopefully be finishing my FIR then and would like to work there if there is any positions available?

Hotel Kilo
17th Feb 2003, 02:31
I spoke to Peter about 3 days ago and he said that China Southern are looking at putting through 250 cadets per year instead of the current number of 120.

Things look good ! :}

PS, I like these smilies ! :cool:

swh
19th Mar 2003, 08:49
We have just finished putting a dozen new instructos on, and are looking around for more Grade 2 or Grade 1 instructors.......

If you are looking to join a good team of professional operators for a full time, above award position pay, good flying, and well maintained aircraft, heaps of flying, did I say heaps of flying both day and night give the operations manager a phone call (08) 9417 4777 or an email [email protected]

swh

toohey
20th Mar 2003, 03:33
swh

what are the odds of getting a job there if you are senior grade three. Only 15 hours to a grade 2, would they take you on and finish your grade2 quickly.

swh
21st Mar 2003, 00:55
toohey

Give it a go, contact Peter Nottle and see what he says. We have recently put on a range of levels, from junior 3 to grade 1, some with instrument ratings, some with twin training approvals.

swh