PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Cardinal handling notes

Max Range
29th Dec 2002, 01:15
I need a set of C177RG 200HP handling notes - can anyone help? Will pay postage and any copying costs etc. Please send me a private message if you can help. I'll send my PO Box address and arrange payment. Thanks!

Mooney Driver
29th Dec 2002, 07:56
I have a (copy of) Cessna owner's manual for a Reims manufactured 177RG, Ser # 0024, built 1971.

My copy is perfectly legible, but a next generation copy might be a bit scruffy.

If you're interested, email me privately.

gaunty
29th Dec 2002, 10:50
Just make sure you get your approach, landing speeds and trim right as you will lose elevator authority at about exactly when you really need it.:D

They weren't one of Cessna great success stories, but they do have a loyal and enthusiastic following.

Jamair
29th Dec 2002, 11:05
Jump on Google or Yahoo and look up Cardinal; you'll find a 'Cardinal Owners Club' in USA which has open access to some areas and gives very good handling, maintenance and pre-purchase tips. If you join you can get just about anything you want to know about Cardinals.

Max Range
29th Dec 2002, 11:27
Gaunty,

Thanks for the advice. This one's had the modification to the stabilator which I'm told goes a long way towards solving the old problem. I've done a few hours in it now - it's still straight and I'm enjoying flying it (in fact rapidly becoming one of those loyal and enthustiastic people you refer to!)

Feather #3
30th Dec 2002, 21:20
Gaunty,

That great C-172 replacement, the C-177 was an underpowered dog [esp. hot'n'high!]

The higher powered -A, VP propped -B, and the retractable -RG are fine [I thoroughly enjoy the -RG], with the slotted tailplane solving the control problem [or is it the Boss's luggage that helps the flare? :rolleyes: ]

Happy NY to All :D