PDA

View Full Version : Wilson

Hot and High
28th Dec 2002, 13:53
I am thinking of doing some light aircraft flying out of Wilson Airport Nairobi. Can anyone please advise me of what I would need to do in order to get a Kenyan PPL ( hold UK ATPL ). Secondly, if anyone one has an email address or contact number for suitable flying clubs/schools on the airfield to hire aircraft from I would be more than grateful.

Many Thanks

The Claw
28th Dec 2002, 17:32
Where have you been boet? Tired of the "Puddle Pirates" ?
I'm heading that way next year, maybe we can meet? Give me a call, we need to sink some of those Castles you keep boasting about! :D

JIM JAM
29th Dec 2002, 11:02
H&H, its been a while since I was there but you should be able to get a Kenyan ATPL on the strength of your UK one. Possibly might have to do the Air Law exam.Contact the Kenyan DCA or the CAA now and speak to Alice. With regard to flying schools there are loads- Mike/Liz Amos at CMC aviation, 99's or Kenya school of flying. Sorry have not got any address's, google/other should yield results. Good Luck!

Hot and High
30th Dec 2002, 06:54
Thanks Jim Jam, have now found a couple of phone numbers, however if anyone has an e-mail address for any of the club's/schools even better.
Thanks again

Komba
30th Dec 2002, 10:42
Contact the Aeroclub of East Africa on + 254 2 600482, they will give you all the numbers that you need.

sheii
30th Dec 2002, 22:43
hi, am doing my ATPL in the uk and hoped to go back to Kenya(which is home by the way..) and hoped to do some hour building there...can somebody shine some light on this?:confused: