PDA

View Full Version : jobseeker.pilot.staff question

8 8th's Blue
28th Dec 2002, 12:23
I'm interested in applying with a company that states it will only accept applications sourced from the above mentioned website. I can appreciate that ops managers/cp's get sick of being bombarded with phone calls and resumes, but it all seems a little pointless when there is no way of knowing whether or not a company even knows you exist or even how seriously the data base is actually used to source pilots. (even though you don't always receive acknowlegment, you know at it probably passed over someones desk at least) Would appreciate any feedback from anyone or employer has may have gained employment or employed someone using this or like services. Is it really a matter or fill in the form and check your e-mail?

Thanks all and have a happy new year 88B:confused:

AMRAAM
29th Dec 2002, 03:03
Bluie

I submited a resume through StaffCV and issued it to one employer only, this was free. I only had to pay if I submitted more than one employer.

I recived an email a few weeks later requesting more details and later an interview, I now have the job flying Dash 8's on the east coast of Aust.

For me very worthwhile.

In your case the distance amy be problem with the interview ?.
I don't know if this provider, charges or how much they charge for CV's or if there is a charge for OS submition.

But from my experiance, give it a go and all the best.

Sheep Guts
29th Dec 2002, 03:09
Have to concurr 8octas, I have applied to all, in the staff portfolio for two years now, and my app has only been perused 8 times. Turned up in a search 2000 odd times though whatever that means, maybe my photo isnt a good angle or something.

I have 4000TT, 2300multicom, 1600 Turbine command. Work that out !I must admit, I got an Eastern Interview, only after notifying the Human Resources Manager that I was on the site anyway:rolleyes:.

Plus the fact thats its a US Firm pity no one from Oz could do similair.

Regards
Sheep

PILAME
29th Dec 2002, 23:12
I am not sure how seriously each company takes staffcv applications. I have had my resume with a few companies on there since it started. One of the companies recently called me for an interview, so I guess it works.

I have heard from friends that a few of the HR managers in various companies on staffcv don't know how to use the service very well. Who knows how it works???

Best of luck:) :)