PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Perth Base Patterns

yellow rocket
28th Dec 2002, 05:39
Out of interest does anyone know what kind of trip patterns QF flight attendants get at PER Base?

Is it mostly trips to Asia only? Across to JNB? Any Europe patterns to Rome, Paris or London at all?? Does one need to be based in Sydney to get the broadest range of duties?

Thanks.

vdd
28th Dec 2002, 09:04
Hi Yellow Rocket

I'm not with QF (one day I'll get there though:D) but I'm quite sure the broadest range of flights will be out of Syd base and then probably Melb base.

Someone from QF will be able to confirm the trip patterns. In the meantime, if you go onto the QF website and click onto their route map it will give you a rough idea of where they fly to out of Perth.

Hope this helps:)

Cheers
vdd

vdd
3rd Jan 2003, 11:02
Qantas announced today that it would begin operating from a new short-haul cabin crew base in Perth on 1 April.

Qantas Executive General Manager Sales and Marketing John Borghetti said the new base would initially create 50 positions for flight attendants, customer service managers and administrative staff.

"While many of the flight attendants based in Perth will be new to the airline, there are also a number of staff who now have the opportunity to work from their home State.

"Two years ago, Qantas established a long-haul cabin crew base in Perth to service international departures, primarily on South East Asian routes. It now employs 215 staff."

The short haul base will initially service Boeing 737 aircraft which operate on intra-Western Australia routes like Karratha and Kalgoorlie as well as services to Darwin and Denpasar.

Mr Borghetti said Qantas' commitment to Western Australia was part of its strategy for continued growth.

"Basing flight attendants in Perth provides the airline with additional opportunities to improve operational efficiency and increase productivity," he said.

"Qantas has always operated short-haul cabin crew bases in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane but this is the first time there has been a base in Perth.

"We know from the establishment of the long-haul base that it is well received by our customers as well as business and tourism industry stakeholders. In particular, crew will come to know some of our more regular customers."

Qantas operates 22 international services and more than 260 domestic services each week from Perth, serving 19 destinations.

cloud nine
3rd Jan 2003, 21:11
Does this mean that initially, S/H crew based in Perth, will not be flying to other destinations such as SYD, MEL, BNE? :confused:

Evacu8
7th Jan 2003, 05:38
The Perth Longhaul crew only fly to Asia. The destinations they slip in are SIN, HKG and NRT. They also do CGK shuttles from PER. The longest trip is 6 days (NRT).

A friend of mine who is shorthaul was looking into the new Shorthaul Base, with the hopes of transferring. The proposed patterns are only WA regional flying, plus DRW returns. No overnights were in the proposed patterns, and no flights to the eastern states. The CC website syas there are no plans to increase the size of the perth base from it's initial opening numbers.

Needless to say, after seeing that - she decided against transferring to Perth ;)

Hope this helps.

yellow rocket
7th Jan 2003, 09:10
Decisions decisions.....

6 day Narita or 30 minute Kalgoorlie......

Alpha Charlie Bravo
8th Jan 2003, 10:39
Out of small acorns....! Would've been interesting to see what the flying was like out of SYD many moons ago when QF decided to move it's operation from BNE to SYD. Of course the flying out of PER isn't going to be extensive to start with. Not with 70 F/A's and no resident CSM's for the interim period. AN started the same way and ended up with 300+ CC, 70% of the WA market and some of the best flying in the network. Besides, the advantages of small base flying definately outweigh the disadvantages every day of the week! Go west young man!:cool:

redneckington
20th Jan 2003, 11:07
Is the short-haul PER base 737 only? And do the wages differ from city to city? I'd love to fly, but $$ matter as well - what would a full time FA gross in a year, after penalties........ I wouldn't have a clue.
I assume QF are still recruiting for their PER base since it is still on their website......

Adde
20th Jan 2003, 17:37
What bases do QantasLink have for their cabin crew?

jasmin
8th Jun 2004, 02:21
This post I am sure by the dates was started a while ago - though what is the current / regular base patters for Perth short haul crew? What aircraft do they predominantly operatre on and are there many nightstops or just base wage?and is there any fact to the rumour that domestic crew ( Perth or elsewhere) will be doing more regional international ( Asia etc) flying? I know of someone who knows someone who does longhaul out of Perth and the flying is rather minimal and there is a rumour that the shorthaul crew will be doing more of the current Perth longhaul patterns? Any information appreciated.

jasmin
8th Jun 2004, 09:10
Any info re the above???
Also, congrats to thos ewho are going to QF-LH - finally !!

Q-Tee
8th Jun 2004, 11:51
One of my best friends flies out of Perth Shorthaul .... They only do day trips, no overnights at all. PER-DRW-PER, PER-KGI-PER-BME-PER, PER-KTA-PER, PER-DPS-PER ..... from what I can gather that is it.

And yeah, the PER Longhaul flying is just as limited, and no - I spoke to my friend and they dont have enough Shorthaul crew to do their own flying at the moment, let alone take over Longahul's, but I believe they are getting some new causals soon, as they need to promote more CSMs....