PDA

View Full Version : Flight Times.....

mjbow2
28th Dec 2002, 02:22
I virtually stumbled on this web site a week ago and have found it most informative....

I have been flying in the U.S. for a few years now (never flown a single hour in OZ) and am eager, to say the least, to move back home.

Can anyone give me even a vague clue as to whether I have enough time to be considered for hire anywhere in a turbine aircraft. You see I havent got the faintest idea who is hiring and what theyre looking for....

2200TT
1500Turbine
1700Multi
1500RPT
500Turbine PIC
1500RPT

I'd love to get a clue here!
thanks all

High Altitude
29th Dec 2002, 01:26
A little piece of friendly advice. If you have read the pages here you would have already figured it out...

VB & QF both require Aussie ATPL theory credits... bugga eh...

mjbow2
29th Dec 2002, 02:37
Yeah, the QF web site was quite specific about what they want....until i do high school physics im out of luck there....

Ive had my stuff on the pilotstaffcv.com......is this site actually used by any airlines down there. I guess I only know what staffcv tells me on the site...

anyway. still looking for a general idea if I could expect ANY kind of job with these times.....even a king air or citation job.......navajo?.....310?......210?.......christ a mighty skyhawk gig....:rolleyes:

Sheep Guts
29th Dec 2002, 03:25
Mjbow , HA is correct,
I think you better stay there unless you can go to something better, if your on a Turbine in the US stick with it. The pay will be better aswell as the conditions. I am in your hemisphere now and intend staying put until I get something better myself, if you make the jump back to Oz be prepared for afew months to a year out of work. When you do get a job youll realise where you should be. Back in the US earning greenbacks.:D

Regards
Sheep

P.S Unless you know someone it may be difficult.:)

*Lancer*
31st Dec 2002, 00:23
I've heard of a few people landing jobs in regionals and coastwatch recently... your experience would probably be looked on fairly well if you tried them. Not sure if they're still taking though, but you never know!

Lancer