View Full Version : KLM UK - What's the story?

pletharoe
17th Aug 2001, 18:07
I am currently in the holding pool for KLM UK, but neither the company, its staff nor anyone else seems to know what the recruitment status is at the moment, and I am rapidly running out of finances. Does anyone know how long I can expect to be in the pool, and should I be worried over the many rumours concerning the retirement of the Fokker 50 fleet which I will undoubtebly be trained on?

Ennie
17th Aug 2001, 18:13
I know how you feel, I had my sim assessment in April, was told next day that I was successful and that start date would PROBABLY be Aug!, I have been waiting ever since. I too am low on the old reddies and seem to get nothing but fobbed off when ever I make a call to ask what the situation is. Some answers would be wonderful I know, but I think we may be in for a long wait. :confused:

[ 17 August 2001: Message edited by: Ennie ]

davebuckley
17th Aug 2001, 22:04
Don't sit on your laurels, keep those CV's flying out the door !

You NEVER know what might happen next in the sunny world of aviation (Even more unstable than my approaches !)

IMHO a hold pool is a comfort factor for an airline, but not very comfortable for those being held.

Be Lucky

MDS

essex_boy
18th Aug 2001, 11:48
Have heard that F50's are going but there is a jet replacement.there also some link with virgin ,what i dont know

scroggs
18th Aug 2001, 13:29
A link with Virgin? News to me; what kind of link?
I can't think of any training reason why Virgin would want to link up with KLM Uk, except possibly as a host for redeployed Flight Engineers while they're experience-gathering in small commercial aircraft.
I'd be fascinated to hear more!

Readback Correct
18th Aug 2001, 15:51
The F50's will be going over the course of 2002, with their routes eventually being taken up by the 146. In the short term the ATR fleet, currently in Jersey, will move to Norwich to do the NWI-AMS route.

With a year of F50's left, and the possibility of expansion on the ATR, ther may be new pilot vacancies. However this may be done by re-training the F50 crews.

A spanner in the works (for KLM management)may be Go's proposed recruitment; potential pilot drain, so more vacancies in KLM uk