PDA

View Full Version : b1900 type rating?

forum newbie
24th Dec 2002, 18:59
Where can i get a b1900 rating in Australia or anywhere else. Unfortunately, my paperwork is delayed at flight safety in the US because of the restriction. I am a US citizen with a muslim background, and as a result they have delayed my paperwork for a type. I am looking everywhere including australia and africa....anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

outboundjetsetter
24th Dec 2002, 23:47
I have met a few ppl in your postion F.N and do feel sorry for you.Im gussing your trying to get your ticket with Falcon.I would suggest you do a search on the CASA web site to see who operates the B1900 over here, and then phone/email operaters with your request.Id heard 'Ad Astral aviation' used to issue b1900 type ratings but doesnt anymore? also try EMU airlines and vincent aviation- a new zealand operator in australia. Theres bound to be a few others just do some research and see what you find.
Good luck
Outbound

topend3
28th Dec 2002, 01:59
ad astral aviation in perth do it- ron mcgrath is the cfi they use gwa's 1900 and ampretty sure they will do an endorsment for you, pretty picey though, give em a ring anyway...

compressor stall
28th Dec 2002, 04:07
This is 18 months old, but gives a guide

Dear [Stallie]

We are re-commencing our Beech 1900 F/O courses on 14th May, 2001, and they will more than likely be conducted alternate months. The simulator proficiency flight is no charge to you, and will only take about 30 minutes.
At present we are only operating one B1900c so the opportunity to complete 50 hours line flying will be limited. Owing to demand under the present hiring environment, places will be available on each course for pilots who wish to gain the B1900C type rating without waiting to accumulate 50 hours line flying. The course content will be the same in both cases. The present cost for the course is $11,055. If the 50 hours line training is available, a training reimbursement of $2,475 will be made upon completion of the 50 hours line flying.

Please contact us should you require any further information or if you wish to enrol on course.

Regards,
ANNE GREEN
OPERATIONS

More information through:
http://www.ad-astral.com.au/

Crash & Burn
28th Dec 2002, 06:33
The 're-commencing our Beech 1900 F/O courses on 14th May, 2001' was with Emu Air's 1900 when it was based in Perth.

Now that it's based back in Adelaide Ad-Astral no longer do the endorsements.

forum newbie
28th Dec 2002, 06:43
So its not Ad astral, but who can i get the type from? Here is a silly question, how does it work if i am a FAA commericial pilot with a faa license?

compressor stall
28th Dec 2002, 22:40
A check of www.casa.gov.au (http://www.casa.gov.au) should outline the regulatory process. Off the top of my head, you could do it on a Special Pilot Licence - equivalent to a Private Licence and designed for people flying whilst on hols.

More info here:http://www.casa.gov.au/manuals/regulate/fcl/010r0501.pdf

Good Luck!

P.S. Thanks C&B for the updated info.