View Full Version : Getting Started

Nags Teeth
24th Dec 2002, 16:38
:D Hello.

I am very interested in doing a PPL (H) and working my way up to an ATPL (H) eventually, they only problem is that I don't know anything about any of the courses and not sure how to find out. Can anyone help? Also how do I find my nearest good school, something else I don't know!

I would be very grateful for any help.. Cheers..:eek:

scroggs
24th Dec 2002, 19:17
Nags

Between us we don't have much experience or knowledge of the rotary side of things, though someone will no doubt pop out of the woodwork with some answers for you. Can I suggest you duplicate your query on the Rotorheads forum?

Scroggs
Virgin/Wannabes Moderator
[email protected]

no sponsor
27th Dec 2002, 12:27
The best school used to be based at Redhill, run by Bristows helicopters. Unfortunately, they moved to the US, and are now located in Florida: some of the instructors moved out there, and I know of a few people who gained their licences. They had lots of praise for the school, and subsequently have been hired by Bristows flying out of Aberdeen to the rigs in the North Sea. The price was around £35K for the JAA licences. My understanding is that heli pilots are in demand these days.

superpilot68
29th Dec 2002, 18:47
ah ah, in demand these days? same BS for fixed wing pilot.
there is a real shortage of heli pilot. minimum to aply:2500h, 1000 turbine,...is that a demand?

everyday, I receive thousand calls to ask me to fly for them.Please, I need help. I am looking for an answer machine.
the pilot shortage is here....
ah ah ah!!!:D :D :D

Kefuddle_UK
30th Dec 2002, 09:22
There is http://www.cabair.com/ at Blackbushe Airport in Surrey (or is it Hampshire?) for PPL(H) and oop north somewhere for the ATPL(H).