View Full Version : Happy Christmas to All Wannabes!

scroggs
24th Dec 2002, 13:53
Ladies and Gents, I'd just like to wish you all a happy and safe Christmas, and a prosperous and successful New Year in 2003. I'd like to thank you all for your contributions and debate over the last year, and for making this forum the most valuable resource on the web for all wannabe pilots.

Scroggs
Virgin/Wannabes Moderator
[email protected]

Select Zone Five
24th Dec 2002, 14:56
This year has been my best yet; I've made a dream come true by going from London office worker to private pilot.

Thanks largely to this website, I'm now looking forward to my fATPL training. I know it's going to be a tough process with little prospects for a job afterwards but I've wanted to fly for as long as I can remember and having completed the PPL, I'm keener than ever to succeed as a professional pilot.

I'm very much comforted by the fact there are so many others out there with the same dream and passion for aviation. It's great that we can assist each other via PPRuNe and hopefully work together in the future. This website has been an invaluable resource for my research and reassurance over the past months. I'd like to thank scroggs, Wee Weasley Welshman, my fellow wannabes and the many ex-wannabes who still frequent this forum to offer advice and information.

Here's to a prosporous 2003 for the aviation industry and for us wannabes...I've a feeling it's gonna be a good one!

Merry Christmas to all
SZF :)

moo
24th Dec 2002, 15:03
hear hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG MISTER
24th Dec 2002, 15:12
Thanks Scroggs - I'll be working nights so BAR HUMBUG ! ! !

In fact I think I'm going to sit up at Gatwick's south perimeter road and see if I can clock Santa with my speed gun.......oh and I hear he drinks on the way round too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year to you all ! ! !

BIG MISTER aka BIG BLACK RAT :D :D :D

foghorn
24th Dec 2002, 16:38
Thanks to all, moderators and contributors alike, let's hope 2003 is a brighter year than 2002.

All the best,
foggy.

Gin Slinger
24th Dec 2002, 17:37
Yes, let's hope 2003 is a good one - I fear our short term futures may well be decided by George Dubya & friend's 'Mid East Odyssey' as much as anything else...

I'd guess I've learnt ~90% of what I know about aviation industry from PPRuNe. Due to the open nature of the forums, it's necessary to sort the wheat from the chaff on occasions, but it's always interesting and sometimes enlightening to listen to and occasionally argue with other's views.

Wannabes in particular is wonderful resource for anyone looking in on, and contemplating getting into the aviation world.

Wishing a happy Xmas and a prosperous New Year to you all, GS.

Flypuppy
24th Dec 2002, 17:41
A very merry Christmas and an exceptionally drunken New Year to one and all !

All the best to everyone.

Flypuppy.

F3
24th Dec 2002, 18:55
Happy Christmas to the PPRuNe team and thanks for keeping the site going (and improving it) over the last year.:)
Next year will be the year for us wannabes I hope!!:D

scroggs
24th Dec 2002, 19:06
Oh yes - and it's my birthday! Exits stage left to pub, singing 'Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me......'

I apologise now in case I make any drunken posts about 2 am!!

Scroggs
Virgin/Wannabes Moderator
[email protected]

Xenia
24th Dec 2002, 19:17
Merry X-mas to everyone and ... HAPPY B-DAY to Scroggs (a Next Generation baby Jesus) :D
Luv
Xenia
xxx

Kefuddle_UK
24th Dec 2002, 19:28
Yesh, a veery merry chrishtmash to you all...hic!...may '03 bring you all many opportunities...hic!

ChrisEmpey
24th Dec 2002, 21:26
Oh yes merry xmas. My little introductory thread has now be deleted by me! hopefully my next one won't be as "eventful". I'll post some more stuff up next year as I'm going to Lanzarote for the rest of the holidays!:)

BIG MISTER
25th Dec 2002, 05:39
Happy Birthday Scroggs ....... 21 again ?

I didnt manage to bump into Santa last night.....but someone almost did.....The only accident we had all night was a drunk driver who hit a lamp post after seeing a deer in the road !

I do hope santa still managed to make it round ! ! ! !

Luke SkyToddler
25th Dec 2002, 07:15
Merry xmas from downunder to all you wannabes ... may your stockings be stuffed with FATPL pass slips and the new year bring you shed loads of multi turbine hours and everything else you desire. I really feel that we've reached the bottom of the trough and it's going to start happening again for us this year, everyone keep fingers and toes crossed that Dubbya doesn't do anything daft!

Oh yeah, a special merry xmas to Danny for having such a bright idea all those years ago, and even more so to WWW & Scroggs who, by virtue of their sensible moderation and willingness to pitch in and offer opinions and support to all of us, have managed to keep this place as my favourite website in the entire world, for the 7 long years (!!) that I've been climbing the slippery wannabe slope :)

And I must say, damn its nice to be back in some proper December hot weather, have a sensible xmas barbecue and some Steinlager in the sun! Don't know how you brits do it, really I dont :rolleyes:

*Hic* here's to you all once again

ATPMBA
25th Dec 2002, 12:08
Merry Christmas to all men and women.

Make your Christmas wish for your career ambitions.
Be prepared, sometimes what you wish for does come true!!!

May there be a productive and prosperous New Year!!!
:)