PDA

View Full Version : Easy.....

Polar_stereographic
11th Oct 2001, 13:00
Well that's blown it,

Just got an Email update from the Orange crew, and they have now increased the FO criteria to:

"FIRST OFFICERS
- in the region of 4000 total hours (which will factorise to a minimum of 3000 hours) with 1000 hours on a medium-heavy commercial jet."

Well, my 1300 TT all light a/c is not going to get me past the gate.

On the positive side, they go onto say:

"While we are currently looking for First Officers with significant levels of experience please note that these requirements will change and we will continue to recruit First Officers with a broad range of experience."

As a thought, is it likely that if they manage to recruite more experienced crews, that once the world situation changes, they are the first to move on?

Not great news, but not the end of the world either, that's my take.

PS

Polar_stereographic
11th Oct 2001, 14:04
Rick,

Don't get down hearted mate, it's simply market forces at plan. Easy need to play that way in order to survive, and as we sit at the bottom of the food chain, we are the first to be cut out.

Give it a year or 18 months, and I'll bet things will be very diferent, and with all the doom and gloom around, I'm sure it'll put a good few wannabies off the idea too.

The good time will be back whatever this forum thinks.

PS

foghorn
11th Oct 2001, 14:22
I got this e-mail as well.

With their new 738s coming online, Easy need to get the full range of experience so they've got both FO's who are inexperienced and happy to be in the RHS for a long time, and FO's who are not far from being captains. The former are two to a penny, the latter not, hence their requirements.

No chance for me at the moment, then ;)
foggy.

Polar_stereographic
11th Oct 2001, 14:42
Sound point fog, one that had passed me by.

I guess the same still applies in so far as when there are less experienced FO's around, they will need more of the lower hour types.

For myself, I feel quite good about the fact that they have chosen to hang on to my details, as at the very least while all the time I've not been sent to dusty bin I'm in with a chance of someone looking at me.

PS

dv8
11th Oct 2001, 16:48
easyjet you have laid your cards on the table and advised all of your requirements now so there's no confusion or misunderstanding.
Go & Ryan its your turn

dot.con
11th Oct 2001, 17:11
I think you have misunderstood the email.

What they mean is that they are currently looking for more experienced crews. That is to fill the vacancies in the LHS.

There will be a requirement for less experienced crews at a later date but perhaps not this month.

Theres no bandwagon, we have always needed captains at easy as we are growing at quite a pace!

.con ;)

Polar_stereographic
11th Oct 2001, 17:15
dot.con,

Thanks for that, but I must say I don't think I have mis read it. I totaly agree with you, although I feel it might be more than a month before things change.

PS

scroggs
12th Oct 2001, 00:01
Polar,
I think the requirements you quote are temporary, and really designed for EZ to cherry-pick ex-Virgin and BA people who would be suitable for accelerated promotion to command. As you said, the next para in the 'Message From the Big O' was:
"While we are currently looking for First Officers with significant levels of experience please note that these requirements will change and we will continue to recruit First Officers with a broad range of experience"
I would expect that EZ will fill their immediate requirements very quickly, and will,before long, announce reduced hours requirements for FOs who won't be looking for accelerated command. Don't anyone expect any ads apecifying 200 hours and a fATPL for a while, though!

[ 11 October 2001: Message edited by: Scroggs ]

Barnstomer
12th Oct 2001, 01:10
At the end of the day, I believe it all comes down to supply and demand. Due to unfortunate events, alot of very experienced aircrew have come onto the job market.
At this present time, Easyjet still have plans to have approx 44 aircraft by 2004. Hence it makes sense to get the experienced guys and girls for the job as they can soon be made up into Commanders ( something ej has always been short of ).
These guys and girls also have the benefit of having a track record in the market and as such are more of a known quantity than a 220 hour approved course graduate who has no airline experience.
However, when all these people do become Commanders, ej will need FO's of varying experience levels ( I believe everyone with under 1500 hrs comes in thru the CTC scheme and everyone else is direct ej thru their web application. ) So I would say to all out there with low hours, dont get too upset just yet that you are not getting anywhere , your time will come, the question at the moment is just when?