PDA

View Full Version : precautionary landings

widgeon
23rd Dec 2002, 20:30
http://www.oilonline.com/news/headlines/internet/20021223.Helicopt.10309.asp

May sound like a stupid question , will a rig charge landing fees for an unscheduled landing ?.

Brother
23rd Dec 2002, 20:34
No, they wouldn't.

Brother

Blue Rotor Ronin
23rd Dec 2002, 21:00
The client won't charge the company but you'll both be in a whole heap of #@*! and may even lose stripes or your job depending on how desperate your co. are for pilots (vvv.rare)... Easier than you'd ever imagine. Hovering aint landing though. :cool:

GLSNightPilot
23rd Dec 2002, 22:04
Blue, I know nothing of the North Sea, but in the US Gulf, I've never heard of anyone getting into trouble for making a precautionary landing. I've landed on third-party platforms more than once, & never heard a bad word about it. The personnel on the platform may not be really happy about it, if you're blocking the heliport for their ship, but there's not much they can do. Someday they may need to do the same thing on some other company's platform. Not making the precautionary landing, OTOH, can get you fired very quickly, if you live to regret it.

Woolf
23rd Dec 2002, 23:43
Blue Rotor: I am sure no one will hold it against you if you make a precautionary landing on a platform and I would be very surprised if they would charge you for it (they obviously will charge you for fuel tough).

I think you are refering to landing on the wrong rig which is a whole different matter. You sure get into trouble for that but I have not heard of anyone loosing his job over it. Quite embarassing though and the oil company is not going to be happy!!!!

Merry X-mas

Woolf