PDA

View Full Version : Internet access (ISP?) in Spain & France

ooizcalling
23rd Dec 2002, 09:54
It seems that for the next year at least, I will be spending about two weeks per month down in Spain and occasionally France. In this situation what would you recomend for internet access (Browsing & e-mail) considering I will be in different Hotel rooms each time I go down there. I will have my laptop and mobile phone with me. Dont particularly want to use hotel facilities due to the 'charge like a wounded bull' rates that they impose. Are there any free call numbers etc. Do you know of a good ISP for this situation. What would you advise.

What_does_this_button_do?
23rd Dec 2002, 11:50
try wanadoo.es and wanadoo.fr

B

fobotcso
23rd Dec 2002, 21:10
Compuserve

How come you expect to get Internet access free in a foreign country? You will either have to pay for the 'phone calls or the ISP subscription or both.

I have used Compuserve in France, Italy and US recently connecting through a Sony notebook using my mobile 'phone as well as hotel phones. The neat trick I used before the most recent trip was to set up the connection here in UK before setting forth to prove that it worked. Hotel calls when in Italy were not unreasonable. Adapters are available in department stores here.

The hotel calls might be free if you were to use AOL. I toured France with a US chum and I believe he was making free local 'phone calls to an AOL point-of-presence. But, of course, he was paying an AOL subscription back home in US.