PDA

View Full Version : Servisair Man / Mytravel

MONSOIRC
22nd Dec 2002, 23:03
It seems Servisair have lost the MYT contract. Bad news for guys/girls. Any news??

MAN_Dispatcher
23rd Dec 2002, 13:10
Has the MYT contract been awarded to Aviance or Groundstar??
Whoever has got it is gonna have their work cut out!

Servisair Monkey
23rd Dec 2002, 15:11
Mytravel are going self-handling from early 2003!

Good luck to them, i'm sure they will decline further because of it!

They will probably just employ loads of ex-servisair staff anyway.

redfield
23rd Dec 2002, 19:27
I think that the Servisair management should take a good look at themselves. Servisair seem to be leaking contracts all over the place recently. MYT at MAN, KLM some while ago up at NCL, KLM at CWl at the start of the winter season....have any Servisair outstations anywhere taken any major contracts away from the likes of Groundstar and Aviance recently?:confused:

boredcounter
24th Dec 2002, 21:49
Then the wage bill gets driven down further... Then someone quotes lower.........Then the wages bill gets lower ad infinitum.
Shoot, in the end, FR will charge for letting you handle them for nout. Shocking, and thats no lie. Check in like McDonalds, Carry yr bag sir, make sure you are safe for a tip Sir. It is all getting out of control. Why Travel self handle? who are they buying? Then what save a few more quid by cutting wages, more stupid start times, Hey ' We only need you from 0200-0330, 0700-1000, 1800-2200 and then the same again for five days!

What the Hell came of the 'Passport to work with Aeroplanes'?
By far from the best idea, but it would have set acceptable wages within the industry, and just maybe would have kept the 1 star McDonalds chimp out.

The industry is (or has gone) dogside.........................

Oh and before you ask, Yep, I'm doinng OK, by the grace of God, being the right age, with the right time in, but not sure if in the frying pan or the fire..............................

From check in to loadsheet I rely on you Boys n Girls, DO NOT SELL OUT SHORT. What next...........................

Perhaps just one BALPA rep could spot the possible FLIGHT SAFTEY ISSUE that is about to happen when thier aft hold is bulked out with bags, or the honey wagon driver put the handbrake on after puncturing the skin! Then drove off without knowing after walkround.

Shoot. I could be driving the honey wagon in a year, I've grown up with the industry, what about the other guy?

Doing my best for the only target, 100% flight saftey, not budget.

Rant over, Merry Xmas to all, (payroll most of all!)

Bored

ACE Dispatcher
31st Dec 2002, 11:14
Yes Servisair have won the contract for the new "low cost" airline:
JET 2 at LBA!.
Using Channel Express's AOC which is an Aviance contract this is quite a major achievement!

Silkman
12th Jan 2003, 22:05
ACE Dispatcher

Not really a major achievment as they have only signed a 6 month contract with Jet 2, as it looks likely Jet 2 will go self handling once established.
Probably good business sense by aviance as handling Jet 2 would mean equipment and staffing costs of, I guess, £0.5 Million to get Jet 2 up and running and then they turn round after 6 months possibly and go self handling. Thats a lot of expenditure for little income for them to pull the plug.

jaw2001
13th Jan 2003, 00:06
Not really a major achievment as they have only signed a 6 month contract with Jet 2, as it looks likely Jet 2 will go self handling once established.

To go self handling would be going against the trend - very expensive!

sky9
14th Jan 2003, 13:07
It could just be that nobody wants the Mytravel contract at Manchester so they are left to handle themselves (so as to speak). Lets face it there is hardly likely to be a queue to put in a low bid.

swedish
17th Jan 2003, 08:53
How exactly can self handling be a flight safety issue. It seams to me to have staff dedicated to one airline, and who know the procedures etc backwards is far better than someone who handles 10 airlines in one shift.
Handling at Manchester has always been poor - perhapse this is My Travel actually trying to do something about it. I wish them luck.

Outoftrim
17th Jan 2003, 19:57
It appears a 25% price increase by Servisair may have been a major factor in this decision. Would you pay that much more for the levels of service offered by Servisair?

As for the flight safety issue, I agree with Swedish. Lets see how many times MYT flights are loaded with JMC or Air 2000 standard loading instructions now..........

There has been more bad news for Servisair in the past few days. JMC are moving to Groundstar (!) for dispatch, cleaning and checkin, whilst the cleaning department (APD) at MAN is to close completely.

Rgds,

outoftrim

Out Of Trim
19th Jan 2003, 22:57
Oiy!! I Think you could have chosen a different HANDLE !

This one is already taken.. Thanks very much!

The Real Out Of Trim

:mad: :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

Outoftrim
20th Jan 2003, 10:07
Well it didn't say that when I registered! :p

However, in the interests of maintaining diplomatic relations, Outoftrim is no more.......:rolleyes:

Stand 22
20th Jan 2003, 18:17
Heard today that Servisair are looking for 18 people to go from ops/dispatch as a direct result of the loss of MYT/JMC at MAN

Some of those will at least find work with MYT and possibly Groundstar, as for the rest, well, good luck to them!

Out Of Trim
20th Jan 2003, 21:58
Outoftrim - Thank you! - very magnanimous of you.

Cheers - Out Of Trim ;)

http://avanimation.avsupport.com/gif/Jetleave.gif

redfield
21st Jan 2003, 19:25
A 25% rise in price by Servisair MAN??? Sounds to me like they didn't want the MYT contract! Also let's get things into perspectiver here - Servisair MAN might be c*** but it's not the same everywhere. Don't tar all Servisair outstations with the same brush!

MONSOIRC
28th Jan 2003, 19:34
Oh dear Servisair MAN.

MYT/JMC contracts lost.......Now understand Cleaning Department closing down......Is there a future for Servisair MAN???:(

MAN_Dispatcher
29th Jan 2003, 13:12
I heard a classic rumour a couple of days ago - probably an extreme case of Chinese whispers or just general bulls**t.

Someone told me they'd heard that as well as losing MyTravel Airways & Thomas Cook Airlines, Servisair were also to lose Air 2000 (again), Britannia & PIA. Not only this, but that they would be closing the Manchester base!!!

I know things are looking pretty grim for Servisair, but I thought this was a bit extreme! Groundstar must be laughing, though. If they prove themselves capable with Thomas Cook Airlines @ MAN & Monarch @ LGW, I can see a few more airlines following MON/TCX.

Here's one for you. bmi have just announced they are setting up on Eastern Airways' best route (ABZ-NWI), and that they'll be terminating their codeshare on the MAN-DND & INV routes. Surely that severs all ties between BD/T3, and leaves no reason for bmi to handle them at MAN, particularly as bmi is no longer in the handling business. Maybe Eastern will be looking for a new handling agent shortly???

Stand 22
29th Jan 2003, 17:09
These contracts are up for renewal within the next few months along with SIA, they have not been lost.........yet. As for Servisair pulling out of MAN altogether, the staff have been told by their management that the loss of another major contract (BAL, PIA etc) would more than likely spell the end for the base.

I personally believe that Globe Ground will take over all Servisair's work in T1 in the not too distant future, especially now Aer Lingus are headed to British Airways, and Servisair will consolidate around its T2 operations. But I could be wrong ;)

As for Groundstar, well, I'd wait and see how they do with Thomas Cook first. Air2000 didn't last a year before they were back at Servisair and if they haven't learnt any lessons fom that, TCX will probably get rid even quicker. You can bet your bottom $ that TCX are also keeping a very close eye on MyTravel.

kiltedrebel
7th Jun 2004, 08:37
Interesting that now we are almost 18 months on, MYT have saved £100,000's and reduced delays by 85%.
the increase in the original Servisair tender application was due to each station becoming self financing....Circusair shot themselves in the foot once again.
As for Servisair being no more, well strictly speaking it is! Any doubters to this should try and explain why Servisair/Globegorund is the new logo!
As for new staff coming from Servisair, that was inevitable. Just those who were willing to shed the Servisair idiom were hired...when the redundancies came in Jan 04, those ex Servisair had their service record taken into consdiration.

I know MYT has become the butt of everyone's jokes and it does cause good and humourous banter on the ramp but I can say we have all worked our pert backsides off to make a go of this and the figures speak for themselves.....no longer are we "Struggling Airline........". Guys let's go back to ribbing PIA!?

Stand 22
7th Jun 2004, 17:57
Ahh Kiltedrebel,

Hows things going up there these days? Have they got that sorry excuse for a weight and balance system sorted yet? Delays down 85%!, or should that be tolerance up by another 15 minuets :p ;)

Seriously though, hope everthing and everyone is well,

Best regards from EGBE!

speedbird_heavy
8th Jun 2004, 07:21
As for Servisair being no more, well strictly speaking it is! Any doubters to this should try and explain why Servisair/Globegorund is the new logo!

Its called Servisair Globeground because servisair were forced into buying the remainder of Globeground by PPS. Servisair couldn't afford the purchase at the time which is why so much shifting around/station closures is happening.

gobfa
8th Jun 2004, 14:33
Speedbird Heavey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote : Its called Servisair Globeground because Servisair were forced into buying the remainder of Globeground by PPS. Servisair couldn't afford the purchase at the time which is why so much shifting around/station closures is happening.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong, Penauille owners of Servisair, took a separate stake in Globeground with requirement to purchase remainder of shares within 12 months. Then along comes 9/11, Sars, bottom drops out of market. Servisair were not involved in the purchase other than being in the PPS group.

Logic, therefore says if you own two companies in same business it would be good idea to merge them, hence the operating name of Servisair Globeground.